GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: stupid twisted seat fix deal.

Default stupid twisted seat fix deal.

well, I finally wanted to see what the hell was rattling onder the drivers side front suspention. Jacked her up, removed the tire, inspected everything...no go. The steering knucles need replacing cause of rotted rubber boots but I cant seem to get any play outta them. Nothing else with play either...lame ass project so I put the tire back on.

what to do next...beer...beer...damn I should take a look at that seat!

nice new torx sockets mann, they work good! Oops remove seatbelt bolt...seats out.

sure enough one of the front motors, the one that you cant get to, seemed to be the one not raising the seat on the right side...cut and yank cable. Attempt to straighten the seat...over and over and over, no matter what I do somethings just fukt...phone...time to talk to junior then...beer...beer... beer.

OK got the thing cut, clipped 1/4 inch, leveled and put back with hose and clamps. Seat looks crooked but the bottom seems flat now...hmmm...

Go back and review everything here, the only thing i can think of is to pull the other cable that was fixed before i got this thing, did that. now relevel the seat then go and level the back seems good enough...too many beers for this frustration. Plop back in the car and bolt the crap back in. Whats that cable for? nevermind for now.

OK again, seat seems to sit flat, back seems OK too, damn side back deal still pushes in on my fat gut left side but not on right...ohh well at this point I dont care. Time to hit the buttons....it works! damn proud of myself (and Al) time to go for a ride on my russian designed backroad.

Car is much quieter, I mean it seems like I sprayed liquid rubber on every panel, the road knock/rattle is gone too! Holey cow this thing is so much more responsive now!!! Damn I should have done this a while ago.

I was even more proud as I picked up another case of beer and enjoyed my workmanship on the ride back.

I will post more updates as I have to wander out tomorrow morning and get my son and more $2.44 a gallon fuel.

I think my car is shinier now... might be the lights, or Al Idonno.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Cheers!

Beers makes everything easier (or better)! Cheers!
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)