GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: seems irrational -sway bar links

Default seems irrational -sway bar links

This weekend I replaced my original rear sway bar links at 144,000 miles. Rubber was bit cracked was all I saw wrong.

Today, the car seems to corner flatter and ride a bit tighter/more controlled. Also a small clunking noise from the right rear seems to be gone. I also lost weight too!!

Seriously, can this small change make this big a difference? TIA
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    This weekend I replaced my original rear sway bar links at 144,000 miles. Rubber was bit cracked was all I saw wrong.

Today, the car seems to corner flatter and ride a bit tighter/more controlled. Also a small clunking noise from the right rear seems to be gone. I also lost weight too!!

Seriously, can this small change make this big a difference? TIA
    Lost weight? I can only assume this is either a diet reference or a joke... if you're on a diet and losing weight, congratulations! (how'd you do it?) If it's a joke... hahahaha.

Actually, loose sway bar links make a huge difference. Replacing them is pretty noticeable. And the clunk is almost 100% definilty the links.

It was a joke
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

I am trying to replace as many of the rubber suspension parts as I can. I just never thought this small repacement would make that much of a difference. Now on to the sub-frame bushings.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    I am trying to replace as many of the rubber suspension parts as I can. I just never thought this small repacement would make that much of a difference. Now on to the sub-frame bushings.
    Yeah, I'm actually looking for a dirt cheap parts car for a full subframe to rebuild. I want to do it all and be able to just slap it into the car in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bin_jammin
    Yeah, I'm actually looking for a dirt cheap parts car for a full subframe to rebuild. I want to do it all and be able to just slap it into the car in one shot.
    I did that with my "spare" e34. Worked pretty well, was able to get it all sparkly clean and do all the bushings.

I used 535 bushings but I think the m5 bushings are the same fit but a different part number, making me think they could be stiffer and possibly a nice BMW upgrade. Trailing arm bushings are a bear to swap out, hard to get a good angle on them and they're in there with a few hundred tons worth of press fit .
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5