GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone install k-mac rear camber kit?

Default Anyone install k-mac rear camber kit?

I am looking to adjust the rear camber to reduce inside tyre wear. I have Bilstien sport struts, Zender springs (35mm lower), 235 * 17 dunlops. Has anyone had experience with fitting the rear camber kits, and with good results? Looking at past threads, there is complaints about them squeeking.
    The K mac front kits look OK, but the rear looks pretty basic for the cost!

John 535is

You have too much rear camber, is that correct? Do you know the current measurement? Curious what it is...

Sorry I can't offer any help with the K-mac kit...
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Yeah John, I've got them installed in the rear.
    Helps heaps with inside tyre wear. The squeaking has stopped but only with persistence from my suspension guy.
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

ditto
    they didn't squeak at first, then did and now seem fine again.

was able to dial the toe OUT back to toe in and get the rear suspension back to mtecnik specs

Did you find most suspension shops knew how to adjust this setting? I'm just about to drop my car and haven't bought these yet and dont plan to unless i need to.
    I'm afraid that most suspension shops wont know what to do.

What convinced me was after I had driven a 1000km trip with the family on board I looked at the rears and they had 90% tread on the outside but were down to the belts on the inside - Scary ****!
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

I got a shop to do my alignment and they got it "within" specs, so not perfect. And its wearing the driver side inside and passenger side outside, srubbing like .

Stupid shops don't know how to think. You can't always go by the book.

Anyways i was also told i had a bent strut? So purchased Sach kit and starting from scratch.

Seeing how my tire ware is for a few weeks then after winter put on some new tires and rims.

If the strut is bent, buying a sach kit won't help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by EngPhys09
    I got a shop to do my alignment and they got it "within" specs, so not perfect. And its wearing the driver side inside and passenger side outside, srubbing like .

Anyways i was also told i had a bent strut? So purchased Sach kit and starting from scratch.

Seeing how my tire ware is for a few weeks then after winter put on some new tires and rims.

Did you find most suspension shops knew how to adjust this setting? I'm just about to drop my car and haven't bought these yet and dont plan to unless i need to.
    I'm afraid that most suspension shops wont know what to do.
    Sorry for the delay.

NO one would touch it except the dealer.

not because of the kmacs, because it said BMW.
    Apparently places here are completely incapable of doing an alignment without the computer spitting out specs for them...
    I even had one shop tell me they would have to buy a 600 tool to align it...
    When I informed them they didn't, the tech proceeded to argue with me and tell me that I didn't know what tools were required.

He must be a former government employee because only a fool would buy a $600 14mm open end wrench.

there is something wrong there.Typically e34s will wear the INSIDE of the rears.The "sports" suspension setting and a lower setting makes the tyres wear the insides even more.I found the same thing on my 535 with m tech suspension the rear tyres looked fine but they were down to the steel belts on the inside. I think this happened because the tyres had been rotated abd the former outside edge of the front had become the inside edge at rear,because my next set of tyres did not do this
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast