GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance renewal... good god!

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Will give them a go provided a stupid dog in the back window isnt mandatory. You can live in a 'good' area and still have the same postcode as a duff one. Winston Churchill was our MP once. Not for long though. Speaks volumes doesnt it
    Haha, while at uni I had to leave my insurance based back at my parents place cos I was living in manchester!

About the 4th time I'd had my car broken into in like 2 years ( I forget, it was that often! ) I was living in an M13 postcode which is shared by moss side/longsight iirc. I was deemed uninsurable on that postcode, and everytime I had a busted window I had to take the car to autoglass cos they wouldnt come out to that postcode!

Ha ha ha, similar here in Liverpool i suppose. Costs me an extra £150 since i moved to Croxteth with my girlfriend.

Tried Churchill they were better than most but didn't beat the renewal from Elephant. Still searching...

Its bad when your wishing you life away to get cheaper car insurance... ROLL ON 25!

Oh - off on a tangent again, but a NEW fine i heard about on the radio - £60 fine for parking in a mother and baby space in the supermarket! Do a test for yourself, turn the radio news on in your car tomorrow and see how many times the word FINE is used... Shocking. (winge winge winge)
    1995 XJR: 4.0L S/charged straight 6 Auto

What... It's not broken??? I can still fix it

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Oh - off on a tangent again, but a NEW fine i heard about on the radio - £60 fine for parking in a mother and baby space in the supermarket! Do a test for yourself, turn the radio news on in your car tomorrow and see how many times the word FINE is used... Shocking. (winge winge winge)
    What the ****?

Ya know, I'm f'cking fed up of this crackpot country run by total jackasses - I'm out of here as soon as my salary allows it.

Ha ha ha Dito. Hey how did you come to know so much about cars so quick? I imagined you'd be a lot older than you are due to your expansive knowledge on the e34?! I'm getting there slowly but surely...

Quote Originally Posted by e34.535i.sport
    Ha ha ha Dito. Hey how did you come to know so much about cars so quick? I imagined you'd be a lot older than you are due to your expansive knowledge on the e34?! I'm getting there slowly but surely...
    I wouldnt say I know a huge amount about cars... just know some usually relevant stuff

Mechical/Electrical stuff has always fascinated me - I dont tend to look at things and take them at face value - I want to know how they work inside. I've always kept a keen eye on technology and just last year completed my MEng degree. Cars just kinda fit with the whole thing and the instant I could get my mitts on a car and a set of spanners I was off! I think the only major work I've ever paid a garage to do was a clutch change - but that was due to poor timing of the failure in the middle of my degree finals!

I wonder how the hell I landed in govt sized IT projects with an engineering degree!? Tbh if I was gonna do a job because I really wanted to do it - money be damned - I'd have become a car mechanic. Materialistic weasels for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    ... money be damned - I'd have become a car mechanic.
    I think exactly the same! I'm a teacher and people think i'm when i say i'd rather be getting stuck in under an old armour plated volvo estate. A friend and I are hoping to open up our own shop one day... COME ON LOTTORY WIN!

A pit and some quality tools would do us at the moment, working on the floor just isn't good for the old joints... they aren't what they used to be...

So if i encounter any electrical issues your my go-to-guy?!

Try Adrian Flux. Admittedly I'm an old fart but I get a good price with a load of mods declared which no one else would touch.

man, I weep for you fellows.

I think the touring costs me about US$40 a month in insurance, and that's with a bunch of tickets from my sportscar days.

Yesterday I was tooling along on our city streets legally doing 100km/h, and I thought of how you guys can't even open the throttle without getting a ticket. Then I sped up to keep up with the flow of traffic .

I've tried Adrian Flux with no luck, along with a thousand other companies!!! I know there'll be one out there thats better than the renewal...

The search continues.

Default Insurance renewal

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    I'm paying that and I got at least 7 years NCB! OK its protected and I have DLP and I pay for it monthly. But I will be having a frank exchange of views with Mr Tesco soon
    Got my renewal through. Mr Tesco was kind enough to offer to reinsure me for £600 which promptly dropped to £511 when I told them I had a better quote! In fact I got it for £380 which includes above plus a car until repairs are done to mine ie no 7 day/14 day limit. Excess is £200. So you could say I saved £220. No I dont get commision for saying its a firm that sounds a lot like a place in Manchester called Swinton. Leaving Tesco to deliver the groceries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast