GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: Which Is the Best Choice?!

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2002 BMW X5 4.4i

16 72.73%
  • 2002 Range Rover

6 27.27%
  • 2002 Cadillac Escalade

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dad's Shopping For A Car And I Need Your Help!!!!

Default My Dad's Shopping For A Car And I Need Your Help!!!!

so my dad is going through what seems like a midlife crisis and his shopping for an suv....

his looking at these choices....

2003 Range Rover..............My mistake....it should be a 2003 on the poll...sorry
    2002 BMW X5 4.4i
    2002 Cadillac Escalade

please help with any knowledge on these suvs...pros, cons, etc.

thanks!
    Last edited by BMW4LIFE; 09-17-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Im choosing the x5 for a couple of reasons. One, it holds it value better then the other two. two, gas mileage is (probably) better then the other two. three, its a bmw.

I personally dont know much about SUV's but I havint heard to much bad stuff about the x5 from anyone.

My friend has a 2005 range rover and hated it. That thing was always in the shop for another electrical problem.

Escalde is nice, but seems too big in my opinion. Your dads wants a SPORT utility vehicle, not a truck.

Hope that helped a little
    1990 BMW 525i m20 SOHC 5-speed 140k miles, black on black, stoc
    http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/tyson_m.jpg

MAN WHAT?!?!...

Everyone has to go on U-Tube and watch mike tyson interview

Of the miserable choices presented here the BM is the only one of two I'd be seen in and the only one I'd actually own if under duress to have such a silly vehicle.
    The Cadillac is everything wrong with America on wheels and an embarassment.
    The Rover has perceived panache amongst those who don't know better. Make friends with a mechanic if you buy this POS.
    The BM although more dignified than the others is just another silly jacked up car.
    Pops better have a pretty strong stomach for depreciation if buying the Rover or Caddy as well.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

reliability on the range rover is nowhere near as bad as it has been in the past.

Default What car?

Dont get too many Cadillacs in the UK so cant say. I imagine they are something Frank Canon would drive? Leaves only the Range Rover and X5. Unless you have the suspension modified by an outfit I know (you can have armour plate and bullet proof glass too) then the Range Rover still rolls on bends. You can put an old one on its roof by turning sharply at 45mph. A mate at work has a '97 diesel X5. Think its a 3litre auto. Loads of torque. Goes like hell. So of the 3 its got to be the X5. But if I had the money I dont think I would have any on my shopping list
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

Yeesh... what a list. Get the x5. The Caddy will go like hell, it'll even haul the tanker it'll need to keep it supplied with fuel. Ride's ok, features are nice, plastic and leather everywhere, build quality is GM.

Seriously, ask your father if you were adopted, because you don't want to share any DNA with anyone that would even consider owning, driving, fueling, looking at, driving near, or reading about a Range Rover.

I mean that. If he buys the Rover, make sure he gets the insurance for it, then burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bin_jammin
    Seriously, ask your father if you were adopted, because you don't want to share any DNA with anyone that would even consider owning, driving, fueling, looking at, driving near, or reading about a Range Rover.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats some funny ****!

but yea he loves the looks of the rover but it seems like everyone is telling me that they have A LOT of problems!

Personally I rather get the X5 but the rover is sooooooooo sexy!

haha....

Another quick question....

I hear that the X5 has a lot of problems on its own...especially the 4.4i model

over heating, water pump, etc.

are these true? any other problems i need to know about?

Honestly they are 3 different vehicles. Is he going to use it for any trails or off roading? Towing? Are they under extended warranty?

yeah that's true, if he's going to do any serious towing, forget the range rover and the bmw.

Horses for courses! Caddy if your dads a rapper or footballer,Rover if he can get an extended warrantee and lives up a twenty mile track,BMW X5 for the real world if he must have a pose vehicle. Tell him to get a Boxster and a toyota pick-up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast