GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U C Bimmer Magazine's 5 Series Market Update article?

Default U C Bimmer Magazine's 5 Series Market Update article?

The November edition of Bimmer Magazine has a 5 Series market update that mentions the D'Sylva EAT Chip on an E34 M5. Page 78

"it has a D'Sylva Chip which we never heard of"

It also mentions a 1991 M5, with 92k miles on it, with a rebuilt trans by Jim Blanton. White/Silver Gray

We know this car, I forget the gentleman's name but he was at our picnic last year.

I'll post a pic of the article shortly.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

I read that article... the e34 information was just about the same as the e34 info they posted a couple of years ago. Nothing new at all.

How could he not know what an EAT chip is?

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Am I to understand that the club offers advertising on their website, which members ostensibly pay for via dues, then proceed to editorialize and critique the ads?
    Doesn't seem right.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

explain the tranny rebuild?! how bout the fact that the 280 seems to suck, i can't say i've read about many m5s that haven't had a 280 rebuild or swap out before 100k, maybe it's the fact that the motor has considerable ass at high rpm and is in a heavy car
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Am I to understand that the club offers advertising on their website, which members ostensibly pay for via dues, then proceed to editorialize and critique the ads?
    Doesn't seem right.
    It was BIMMER, not Roundel!
    Even though Mikey Miller writes for both mags, they tend to know enough at Roundel to save him from himself. Did you happen to notice the teaser on the cover? "1975-88 5 Series Market Update". Umm, did they intentionally leave off the E34? Or is indicative of what a total rehash this whole thing really is, including the wrong cover blurb? I know I already read that trash about the biggest E28 problems being electrical issues caused by "installation of 30,000-watt sound systems." How helpful...and stupid! The D'Sylva thing cracks me up, too! Guess he never hear of Google, either?
    Last edited by BMWCCA1; 09-13-2007 at 01:05 PM.

That is exactly why I chose NOT to subscribe...

I sent a letter to the editor of Bimmer Mag in response to the article. While I enjoy the magazine , I got weary of them refering to anything that was not a manual transmission car, V8 or an M5 as a non-enthusiast car. This and many of their other articles implied that anything else was a "grocery-gitter" and the car and owner was not worthy of their attention. Just pissed me off, but only a little.
    Last edited by Russell; 09-16-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    I sent a letter to the editor in response to then article. While i enjoy the magazine , I got weary of them refering to anything that was not a manual transmission car, V8 or an M5 as a non-enthusiast car. This and many of their other articles implied that anything else was a "grocery-gitter" and the car and owner was not worthy of their attention. Just pissed me off, but only a little.
    It is funny that that is their attitude, considering that approximately 75% of all Bimmers are probably auto's. I agree that a manual tranny will give maximum fun, but you can still enjoy the cars with an auto. These articles are written by BMW snobs... if it's not how they like it, they'll put it down.

I guess all 7 series Bimmers must suck, as they are just about all auto's.

(I would love to get a 740i Sport)

It's been pointed out to me that some misunderstanding may exist here. In case it isn't clear to some of you, Bimmer is a fine magazine from California that comes out about ten times a year and is available by subscription. Roundel is the magazine of the BMW Car Club of America that comes out every month, at about 168 pages with less than 40% advertising by decree, and is enjoyed by more than 75,000 BMW CCA members who receive it as part of their membership in the Club—which also includes local chapter membership and newsletter, events, discounts, etc.—and that's the only way to get Roundel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast