GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Example: Back to Black in Action

Default Example: Back to Black in Action

If you were ever curious how well Mother's Back to Black worked, here is an example pict.
    It isn't just for black trim either. Easy to apply and it makes all the plastic trim look new again.

Man! I didn't realized how bad my trim was until I used BtoB last night!

isit a dye? what does it do exactly? and what happens if you get it on paint?

I'm pretty sure it works, but I'm more interested to find out how long it'll last.
    BTW: is that wax or polishing residue on your trim, and if so, how did you remove it? I have a bad case of this.
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

In my experience, the effects are fleeting. Like until the next rain. I hope you have better results. To keep the wax residue off trim, use a decent wax like original zymöl or AutoSport products from International Auto Parts (local to me). You can wax right over rubber, plastic, or flat-black parts without worry. Can't imagine why anyone would use anything that leaves a white-wax residue.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA1
    To keep the wax residue off trim, use a decent wax like original zymöl or AutoSport products from International Auto Parts (local to me). You can wax right over rubber, plastic, or flat-black parts without worry. Can't imagine why anyone would use anything that leaves a white-wax residue.
    I got that hint a little too late. The problem is I have polishing residue on the trim and want to get it off.
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

Default It isn't a dye...

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    isit a dye? what does it do exactly? and what happens if you get it on paint?
    It's not a dye. It says that it cleans (obviously) and reconditions the plastic or rubber. Below is a quote I found on-line regarding it–the bottle says basically the same. As far as paint...Obviously I got some on the paint...it's hard not to when you rub the very edges of the trim. However I don't think it harms the paint. The bottles says nothing about avoiding contact with the paint as some products do. It applies really well to the plastic trim but kind of smears on paint (not that I did much of this).

Back-To-Black cleans and reconditions the surface. So it not only changes or improves the way the effected area looks, but it alters the way it feels. Leaving it softer, smoother, and more supple with long lasting moisturizers. It easily removes white residues, yellowing, and that awful brownish appearance on sunburned trims. Back-To-Black does not leave behind a greasy residue that attracts dust and yellows over time, rather it revives that show-room quality sheen.

I don't know how long the BtoB will last. Probably not too long. If it cleans as it says it does, then the residue should be gone. But it makes sense that it will come back again. At this point I'm not sure if it did "clean" it or if it "covered" it. I'll let you know in a few days.

I don't know exactly what my residue was. I didn't specifically put any wax on the trim..I think it was probably soap and wax build up from carwashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenster
    I got that hint a little too late. The problem is I have polishing residue on the trim and want to get it off.

Subscribed. I have white polishing residue the previous owner left for me , all around the windshield ... it's horrible looking.

Yeah I'm real curious now because I've been reading some very weird stuff on how to get rid of the residue. E.g.: using peanut butter, alcohol, vegetable oil, etc. But if this actually removes the residue I might just pick up a bottle of this stuff.
    2008 audi A3 1.9tdi
    (former 1991 520i LPG)

I recently was tipped off on a method of removing the white residue, from a guy that was a detailer for several years. I haven't had the ... opportunity to try it out yet, but if I get a stubborn car I might try it. He suggested I use peanut butter. No, I'm not kidding. No, this isn't a joke. No, I haven't tried it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast