GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: This will work in my car right?

Default This will work in my car right?

Just brought this from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=007

Was wondering would it fit in my 1995 525i and if i needed anything besides what is pictured in the auction.

BTW, I brought it quickly because i never seen one that came with it all included and i was in need of an alarm, so....did i do the right thing?

If your car is pre-wired then it should work perfectly (plug in harness under rear seat next to battery), if not then you probably will have to wire it in yourself. I wouldnt get the BMW one anyway, first off for that price you can get one with alot more features. I got a crimstopper one for bout 70 bucks and its real nice it was spliced thru the prewired connector. I think the only advantage with the BMW one is that you get the double lock feature, besides that mine has the window breaking and starter disable and all those other goodies.

EAT Chip/K&N Panel Filter/Blaupunkt MP46/JBL 15" sub/Crimestopper Alarm/e38 basketweaves/Deutschland Plate/Clear Corners

yeah it is pre wired. I just didn't know if i was going to face any complications by getting an after market unit. Im not too keen of electronic things, I really didnt know much about it. But hopefully it will work out fine.

I don't see the mic lead nor the LED lead in those pictures... and I should have.

I sold mine for $40 sans remote becasue I didn't think it was secure enough to be worth the money for the remote... (no starter kill, no shock sensor)

didnt you car come with an alarm? My 95 did? However, it came with a lot of options. It looks like the parts you bought?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

nope it didn't come with one. Maybe the previous owners took it out. Who knows.

if they took it out there may be most of the wiring still there. Is there a a small light at back of the console? That light flashes to indicate double locking with the remote.

There should/could also be a secuity horn under your hood, under a panel in the area that houses the blower motor. If installed It will chirp when you lock your door with the BMW security system. I saw somewhere on a web site instructions for installing the system as it was also a dealer installed option. In fact a BMW dealer may have the instructions. Good luck.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment