GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just my connection or do these forums keep bouncing?

This site has phases of downtime. It'll work fine for a few months, then have one that is really bad.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

I've been having various problems. My connection to the ISP fails, and my router does not reconnect automatically. I thought it was my radio (I have a dish that points to a tower, the dish has a radio associated to it that communicates to the cell tower at 10mbps). I've been trying to get the ISP to replace my radio, they keep telling me its my router. We're at a standstill. I need to test to see if my router reconnects automatically as it should. I can't seem to find any specific setting on this one (Sonicwall) as I have seen on my previous routers.

Then there's the stupid server. It has crapped out on occasion too. I have a new server I am using (actually 2 additional servers, DB server and HTTP server), it's all set up, I just have to find the time to move Bimmer.info.

Both these tasks involve additional outages, so fair warning.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

No prob Ed, your efforts are appreciated.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default 535 diff

Quote Originally Posted by bones
    hi ferrett,same issues for me on this site,oh well. would you have any info on compatable differentials for a 1989 525I auto.my diff is screaming from within and leaking oil out the input shaft area.i saw you were having some issues and wondered what you found out. bones
    If you want one, PM me and collect it free this weekend in New Forest.You`ll have to gorilla it out yourself.

Well done ED anyway,goes down a fair bit in UK but assumed it was my fault! **** happens.

ahhhh an answer... maybe i wont get so many emails regarding it now...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    I've been having various problems. My connection to the ISP fails, and my router does not reconnect automatically. I thought it was my radio (I have a dish that points to a tower, the dish has a radio associated to it that communicates to the cell tower at 10mbps). I've been trying to get the ISP to replace my radio, they keep telling me its my router. We're at a standstill. I need to test to see if my router reconnects automatically as it should. I can't seem to find any specific setting on this one (Sonicwall) as I have seen on my previous routers.

Then there's the stupid server. It has crapped out on occasion too. I have a new server I am using (actually 2 additional servers, DB server and HTTP server), it's all set up, I just have to find the time to move Bimmer.info.

Both these tasks involve additional outages, so fair warning.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Getting the same problem (and as often) connecting to this forum. Usually get the 'this page cannot be displayed' message
    same here, and quite often lately

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

I have a pretty stable host, almost never down. Could host the forum for free. Im sure nobody wants to go to the trouble of switching but I thought I would just throw it out there.

I used to host a number of domains on servers parked in my office, via a business-oriented ISP. It worked, but the hassle of sorting out routers, connection problems caused by the ISP, and so on were a continuous minor pain -- not to mention the steady stream of user complaints. A few years ago, I bit the bullet and co-located a rackmount server in a datacenter. The cost of co-locating has more than been offset by the savings in time, effort, and frustration.

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12