GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEELER FS: Throwing stars with tires

Default FEELER FS: Throwing stars with tires

I can't help it, I have to put M parallels on this car, then it will be 100% what I want. I'll only be looking to replace with OEM so I gotta sell the T-stars. The covers are perfect, the idiot wheel shop that did these wheels put balances on the lips on at least one wheel (maybe two). They're in very good shape overall, except for a few marks. They're definitely not bent. I've had the car to all kinds of speeds and it's never vibrated in any way. The wheels are Michelin Pilot XGT's or something, 235 all around I think, great condition (I don't know how to tell the % of wear but they look close to new). All the uncertainty is due to the car being 40km away at the mechanic's. I can get more specific details on request. Right now I just want to know if anyone would be interested in the set, and for how much. I'm in Toronto, Ontario.

Some photos here (can also read about the ongoing resurrection):
    http://www.strengthandhonor.ca/bmw.html

Default T Stars vs M Parallels

Always a debate on which look better. I think the M Parallels do look better overall, more agressive.

How about 500$ plus shipping? That's American money too, so's it's worth more.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Quote Originally Posted by icm5er
    Always a debate on which look better. I think the M Parallels do look better overall, more agressive.
    There's no doubt in my mind. I love the T stars. Out of the "other" rims, I think they are the best. But the M Parallel rim has my heart. And this isn't just out of BMW OEM wheels. The way the M parallel rim looks on an E34, to me, is better than any rim I've ever seen on any other car. Have a close look at other cars mags and wheel covers. It's amazing how many people have tried to copy that design and FAILED miserably. The biggest mistake is a) they're not huge like the ones on the E34 and b) they always put some sort of extra kink or twist on the design (even the spacing, if it's wider or narrower than the BMW wheels, it doesn't look right). 5, 7" or so pairs of straight sticks, what can be simpler than that? But only BMW got it right.

One combination that does come close though, is niche bahn's on the mid-late 90's S600 coupes. I don't like bling or chrome but the way these rims looked on that car....my goodness. Some of you must know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the interest, Allan!

I take it that you're not interested in my offer, then? It was worth a shot :P

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

Hi Dimtry,
    First...you shouldn't have any issue selling the T-stars. I have been casually looking for a set for while now. But with me I am pickier than most and don't want to put anything on my car that isn't at least in the same condition as the rest of the car...no need...so want a pristine set. If they aren't in excellent shape...good clear coat, no rash or scrap marks etc, than it is about a $100 US a copy to refinish them and I may not be up for another round of wheel refinishing though T-stars are MUCH easier to refinish than the basketweaves I just did. As to price...just like with these cars it is ALL about condition. Canada winters are harsh...so there is also the issue of corrosion behind the T-stars on the back side of the wheel. If you go with the M//'s which indeed do look great and correct as you say on your new M5, clean up your T-stars and post some close up pics. They will move and I will consider them as well.
    Good Luck,
    George

Default I must be weird as I really don't like the M-parallels

and strongly prefer OEM T-stars. That feeling has only increased now that I have a set of T-stars on one of my E34's. I think one of the reasons I dislike the parallels is that there are so many attempts out there to copy them, most poorly as you say, and so they really don't look all that special to me. Also, I have never really liked the open look of that style of wheel.

Dick Schneiders

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    There's no doubt in my mind. I love the T stars. Out of the "other" rims, I think they are the best. But the M Parallel rim has my heart. And this isn't just out of BMW OEM wheels. The way the M parallel rim looks on an E34, to me, is better than any rim I've ever seen on any other car. Have a close look at other cars mags and wheel covers. It's amazing how many people have tried to copy that design and FAILED miserably. The biggest mistake is a) they're not huge like the ones on the E34 and b) they always put some sort of extra kink or twist on the design (even the spacing, if it's wider or narrower than the BMW wheels, it doesn't look right). 5, 7" or so pairs of straight sticks, what can be simpler than that? But only BMW got it right.

One combination that does come close though, is niche bahn's on the mid-late 90's S600 coupes. I don't like bling or chrome but the way these rims looked on that car....my goodness. Some of you must know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the interest, Allan!

Allan: It's not that I'm not interested, I'm just not actually selling yet. I won't buy the M Parallels if I feel I can't quickly unload the T-stars for a price that would decently offset the cost of the new wheels. I think I'm going to do it.

George: Yeah I understand. When they're actually for sale I will take a lot of pictures of them for details. The last thing I'd want is to sell something to my bimmernut friends and have them receive something they didn't expect. Thankfully I don't think there is any curb rash so there is no actual aluminum damage. But I do remember there being a couple of nail sized black spots on the lips, which could just be dirt, or could be chipped paint (you can see it on the rear wheel in the first big pic). Anyway, I'll document it all when the time comes.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

I must be nits like Dick. I loke the T- stars better. The parallels or knockoffs seem to be everwhere and on everything. Great site BigD. I'm going to read the whole story at work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Schneiders
    and strongly prefer OEM T-stars. That feeling has only increased now that I have a set of T-stars on one of my E34's. I think one of the reasons I dislike the parallels is that there are so many attempts out there to copy them, most poorly as you say, and so they really don't look all that special to me. Also, I have never really liked the open look of that style of wheel.

Dick Schneiders
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default Regardless of the many attempts to replicate the M parallels...

I also like them alot but I couldn't fork out the needed cash for a purchase. So I bought the BBS style (or RRS Italian) wheels. They were still somewhat expensive to cover by my limited funds in the car cosmetics pot. The good thing about the M parallels is that they are expensive and weed out copycat buyers like myself, for example. This is one of the reasons why you see just a handful of them on the streets while their counterpart copies abound all over the place. Can't wait until I get my m30 up on its feet with new wheel package.

Need to get on with that freakin' crankshaft sprocket removal so that I can move on... and show off the wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast