GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The E34 stance

Default The E34 stance

What's the best way to give the E34 a stance that's more like the E38?

The E38's rear seams to be a little higher when i compared it to mine at work today. It looks much more aggressive, also that e38 has M-Pars on it. Can you say sexy? LOL
    Last edited by ///Sniper535; 09-10-2007 at 09:53 PM.

the ass of my e34 is way in the air, it's like a poodle in heat.

What suspension are you running? The rear does look a little saggy, otherwise try adding thicker or doubling up on the rear spring pads

where shall i obtain those?

I think that the way that E38 sits in your pic... It needs to be lower at the back!!

It reminds me of the fashion in the 70s and 80s of lowering the front of a car, and leaving the back standard (as to fit bigger wheels under the back).

I think that the way that the M5 is sitting in the 2nd pic is much more sexy, has more presence, and is a much better 'stance'.

I included a pic of my car too. She is on 30mm lower springs all round, but I sort of wish that she was a little bit lower in the back end!! Only about an inch, but I think that would create more tyre wear, and be a pain in the arse.

I like the M-pars on the 7, and they look pretty nice on the E34 too. A sexy set of rims will immediately change the stance of your car, and you may re consider the ride height if you put on different rims.

Anyways... thats my .02c worth!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

All e38s has a slightly higher rear end, that's just how it is.

Ah'm more interested in that M5 bodykit the E34 is sportin
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    I think that the way that E38 sits in your pic... It needs to be lower at the back!!

It reminds me of the fashion in the 70s and 80s of lowering the front of a car, and leaving the back standard (as to fit bigger wheels under the back).

I think that the way that the M5 is sitting in the 2nd pic is much more sexy, has more presence, and is a much better 'stance'.

I included a pic of my car too. She is on 30mm lower springs all round, but I sort of wish that she was a little bit lower in the back end!! Only about an inch, but I think that would create more tyre wear, and be a pain in the arse.

I like the M-pars on the 7, and they look pretty nice on the E34 too. A sexy set of rims will immediately change the stance of your car, and you may re consider the ride height if you put on different rims.

Anyways... thats my .02c worth!
    Actually, it wasn't so much that the fronts were lowered on cars back then, it's that with the live rear axle, an easy way to lift the rear end to get more meat under the car was to add more/stiffer springs. With a live rear axle you'll get what's known as axle wrap, where the rear end twists the springs, causing the wheels to hop on launch. It was the "bigger hammer" method of getting cars to hook.

I have eibachs and sachs, parked next to my mom's e38, its looks almost the same.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    I have eibachs and sachs, parked next to my mom's e38, its looks almost the same.
    My dad has got an E38 740i OEM sport package.
    Looks just like a lowered E34.

That E38 that was put up has stock suspension and it's probably an iL with that levelling junk. The sport doesn't have that, and it's much lower to the ground due to it's sport suspension.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast