GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of this fuel saving device - turbomag?

Default Anyone heard of this fuel saving device - turbomag?

I've seen this in lots of places but I can't find any independent reviews on it. I'm wondering if its one of those 'performance mods' that turns out to be a resistor type of thing or if it actually does work. The science bit sounds plausible but I don't know enough about fuel to say either way. And it begs the question why manufacturers don't fit anything similar.

I would love my 540i to use 30% less fuel

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:uk
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Seems like a bit of a porcine overflight situation mate!

I cant really see the fuel molecules being polarised enough to cause a 'fuel molecule lineup'... especially not at the kind of speeds fuel's gonna be screaming through the lines at anything over idle.
    Try dropping a magnet in a tank of petrol and see if anything sticks to it

Also I dont think 'ionizing' fuel would be a good idea, seeing as a real ionisation process tears a molecule into two separate charged parts. To do this you need two highly electrically charged plates anyways, magnets will not ionize anything if I remember correctly

if it worked so well, why doesn't bmw include it as standard. they are only 13 pounds.

WOW! theres only 2 available, maybe we could do a group buy and put them on our fkn lawn mowers to mow the fkn lawn quicker. Hmmm polarising? negative perhaps? sounds familiar

All devices of this ilk have proved quite efficient at extracting discretionary income from the wallets of fools.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

This is SERIES X-T, meaning you get 6 magnet clamps, 2 yellow, 2 red and 2 green!
    woooo hoooo!!!!

I can't believe that people are still trying to scam people like this - these magnet deals have been out there for years and the only result is the needless acceleration in the exchange of money from fools to crooks. eBay should ban these deals.
    They are attractively packaged, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    All devices of this ilk have proved quite efficient at extracting discretionary income from the wallets of fools.
    Not true, the car will be much faster and more fuel efficient because it will not have to haul around all the extra weight in the owner's wallet.

I am amazed people still fall for it, I guess people are willing to risk £12 to try it out because its not a lot of money but then its also better in your pocket than theirs! If 100 people are willing to give it a go and risk their £12 then it soon builds up!
    UK 1997 e34 540iA Touring, 1989 535i Sport - now sold, 1998 Mercedes CLK 200 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by leicesterboy15
    I am amazed people still fall for it, I guess people are willing to risk £12 to try it out because its not a lot of money but then its also better in your pocket than theirs! If 100 people are willing to give it a go and risk their £12 then it soon builds up!
    I think you've got it right here, punters will think £12 isnt that much money and the risk on it working is worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast