GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW 530i, 1995, Anti-Theft Radio Code

Default BMW 530i, 1995, Anti-Theft Radio Code

Guys, my car is a 1995 BMW 530i, just under 80,000 miles. My car has the original BMW radio (tape player, no cd player) in it. It has an anti-theft feature that requires a 5 digit code to be entered in order to use the radio. You don't have to enter it every time, only when the battery has been disconnected.

Recently my radio/clock console has been intermittently "going out" (ie. its like the power is off) for a couple of minutes. It always comes back, but then I need to put the code in. If I enter the code incorrectly I get a beeping sound. If I enter the code incorrectly more than once, it is nearly impossible to get the radio to accept the code.

I KNOW I have the right code because I have the wallet card that came with the car. However, even when I enter the code in fast, slow, any-which-way, the radio just continues to say "code" on the display. What advice do you have for me? I tried unplugging the battery to "clear" the radio again, but to no avail. If I can't get it to work and I just replace the whole radio, will I still need the code to operate the new radio? Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy if I could disable the code forever. I don't need to protect a 12 year old cassette tape player when the car is parked almost exclusively in the parking garage at work, and in the garage at home.

Thanks,
    Robert

The code is only on the BMW deck, when you install another after market one you don't need a code. My friend's stock radio was acting weird like that so I gave him my old BMW deck because I replaced mine with a blaupunkt mp46. But the code if put correctly granted if it is the right code, should simply unlock your radio with a beep and thats it. Just put it in. (BTW his car is also a 95 530i thats weird how you have a similar problem, its prolly nothing tho )
    Last edited by 94_e34_525i; 09-07-2007 at 01:00 AM.

EAT Chip/K&N Panel Filter/Blaupunkt MP46/JBL 15" sub/Crimestopper Alarm/e38 basketweaves/Deutschland Plate/Clear Corners

if you entered the code incorrectly for i think 3 or 5 times you have to wait for 15 mins.or so before you could enter a code again...your key must be in acc.position for that time in order for your unit to accept the codes again...just dont touch it for around those times...

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

If you incorrectly enter the CODE 3 successive times, you have to wait for 1 hour before entering the correct code. I believe the 1 hour is "on-time," meaning the radio must be getting power for 1 hour.
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

By your post it is clear you are aware a wrong code entry will get a beep.
    If you are getting the beep using the code on the card then I'd say the radio was changed at some point. If this is an intermittant problem and you are sure of entering the code correctly then perhaps the buttons are at fault. Did the preselect buttons always work?
    The radio has a tag on the back with it's serial #, with that # the dealer can provide you with the proper code.
    If nothing else works for you I have a radio w/code I'll sell you cheap.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMPower
    If you incorrectly enter the CODE 3 successive times, you have to wait for 1 hour before entering the correct code. I believe the 1 hour is "on-time," meaning the radio must be getting power for 1 hour.
    whoops...was it 1 hour? i can't really recall...since I spilled soda at my stock radio I changed it

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl