GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: My 535i lacks the power!

Default My 535i lacks the power!

Hello. I have a 535i that has been running poorly ever since i bought it last summer. I had some work done on it to fix this problem, and even tho it is running better, its still not where it should be. Sometimes it takes long cranking to start (doesnt matter if the engines hot or cold), hesitates when the accelerator is lightly pressed, and the idle sometimes sounds like it is missing even tho the tacometer does not fluxuate. I thought it may be the fuel pump, or one of the sensors, but i havent seen any codes come up when doing the stomp test. I've also noticed lately that i get this strange series of three beeps from the dash (its not the chime noise) and nothing else happens when this occurs, it happens every so often. If anyones had these problems please write, Thanks.

start with a compression test.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Unregistered Guest

1. Read and heed the posts about vacuum leaks, esp. dipstick, oil filler cap, and valve cover gasket.

2. Remove the idle control valve, squirt some WD40 in there, scrub the crud with an old, clean toothbrush, shake or vacuum out the excess WD40, see that internals move freely, reinstall making sure all clamps are SNUG, everywhere upstream of the intake manifold. Look at manifold gaskets to see if there is discoloration or evidence suggesting air leaks there.

3. Squirt a shot of WD40 into each of the electrical connections/plugs, and maybe touch up their connections with emory paper or board. Re-attach properly.

4. See if above helps. It should.

5. Take 2 aspirin & call us in the morning