GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: No central locking, no windows.

Default No central locking, no windows.

Hey all, Noob thread =P.

Well last night i blew my fusable link under the hood, road service put in a "home job" for the time being, when i left i found that my power windows dont work, neither does my central locking (not to mention my windows are down AHHH).

I had the fusable link replaced today. As for the windows and central locking, after searching some threads im guessing its a blown fuse in the fuse box under the back left seat? .. yeah i dont actaully know how to get to the damn box .. (shudup). I wanna try and fix this tonight, no way am i leaving my beamy in a parking lot with windows down and no locks ... Alarm still works so that'll scare em after they steal my Cd's

Nutshell:

1) How do i get to the fuse box in the back seat?
    2) Can som1 like me fix this? (lol)

Thanx all

There are two types of rear seats - ones with clips and ones without.

Most you just grab your rear seat in one of the front corners and yank upwards *really* hard - just dont bang yer head on the door frame when it suddenly gives in.

There are more civilised E34s with a plastic release mechanism just behind where the rear passengers feet would be in the bulkhead. These you just push the clip and the seat should pop out...

THANK YOU!

That helped i found one of the fuses that had blown straight away! My windows now work perfectly ... However ...

(( My central locking still doesn't work? I was under the impression they ran from the same fuse? Could my alarm need re-setting or something? ))

NEVERMIND I just pulled the fuses out, put em back in and their all dandy now ... just hope its not a recurring problem? eh all good.

, Ollie
    Last edited by Chriszea; 09-04-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriszea
    THANK YOU!

That helped i found one of the fuses that had blown straight away! My windows now work perfectly ... However ...

(( My central locking still doesn't work? I was under the impression they ran from the same fuse? Could my alarm need re-setting or something? ))

NEVERMIND I just pulled the fuses out, put em back in and their all dandy now ... just hope its not a recurring problem? eh all good.

, Ollie
    The central locking controllers on these cars are semi-intelligent - and object to having their power/controls screwed with.

If you sit there rapidly locking and unlocking the car for example, it'll get right pissed off with you and shut itself down for 30 minutes or so.

There's a resynch procedure for getting all the doors going again for future reference, Just search the forums here and amongs all the 'help I'm locked out!' threads you'll find a resynch one