GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The new vehicle in the stable fj-40

Default The new vehicle in the stable fj-40

Finally found a nice 1974 Toyota Landcruiser fj-40, 10K on rebuilt motor, alot of new parts, refurbished tub from a 1968, rhino seats with harnesses gerry can holder, etc etc. Great shape overall, hardtop came with it. Found a guy in Colorado and drove out there in the 96 A4(paid 2900!) that i got when the e34 got t-boned. I straight traded the guy for the cruiser and couldnt be happier! Thing is a beautifully built machine, everything a jeep is, but designed better. Had some fun four wheeling last weekend, found a few mud holes. Perfect time of the year for one! You can see what's left of the bimmer in the background, stilling selling whats left, Brian
    http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/shortbuss2336/newold.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Always liked the Landcruisers. Just bought

a 1988 Toyota 4WD drive for errands and commuting. Goes anywhere. Wanted something that I could drive for a few years and then fix up and give to my daughter.

Kurt
    95 525ia

Unregistered Guest

FJ-40's are great vehicles. Much better than Heeps in my opinion. I have an Fj-80 and love the thing, just need the "Land Rover recovery Vehicle" sticker.

Cary

i found one of those on the web with a 4 cylinder (4bt) cummins that had been beefed up over 700 flb of torque, i am not quite sure how they controled that much power without destroying the frame, i saw some pics of it rock hopping, ill bet it ate a few transfer cases and axles till they found the right stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shortbuss2336
    Finally found a nice 1974 Toyota Landcruiser fj-40, 10K on rebuilt motor, alot of new parts, refurbished tub from a 1968, rhino seats with harnesses gerry can holder, etc etc. Great shape overall, hardtop came with it. Found a guy in Colorado and drove out there in the 96 A4(paid 2900!) that i got when the e34 got t-boned. I straight traded the guy for the cruiser and couldnt be happier! Thing is a beautifully built machine, everything a jeep is, but designed better. Had some fun four wheeling last weekend, found a few mud holes. Perfect time of the year for one! You can see what's left of the bimmer in the background, stilling selling whats left, Brian
    http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/shortbuss2336/newold.jpg
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default W. did you ever score that surplus military truck? (NT)

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i found one of those on the web with a 4 cylinder (4bt) cummins that had been beefed up over 700 flb of torque, i am not quite sure how they controled that much power without destroying the frame, i saw some pics of it rock hopping, ill bet it ate a few transfer cases and axles till they found the right stuff

Nice score, makes me a little jealous.

i decided that it would suck up all of my spare cash for the next few years, and i need my toys, so i am back to my old plan 67-72 c10 chevy long bed when i can find one

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Jason_S
    did you ever score that surplus military truck
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Good support Cruiser forum is IH8MUD.COM

I've got a '97 FZJ80 and after I saw a friend's FJ40...I wanted to add one to my stable as well. You would not believe where you can go with those things. When compared to the Jeep, the whole driveline is much beefier. Enjoy!

Adrian