GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: So what can I do with my factory phone?

Default So what can I do with my factory phone?

I have a factory phone installed in my car. Where I live in Canada, there is no analogue service remaining to link it to, so it's essentially a cool looking piece of history in my centre console. It works, and I have used it in the past to dial 911, but those days are over now. Is there any cool conversion project out there that will let me put my phone system to good use?

i think i've driven over a few with the 19,800# forklift at work, they make cool crunchy noises
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Theft deterent device, like the Nextell commercial?

Maybe you could hollow it out with a hammer and chisel, then JB Weld one of the new little phones in the hole you made.

Now, does anybody here know about pressure testing an M30 engine block for coolant leaks while the head is OFF the engine?
    Dash01
    '90 535ia 272K miles

Rip out the guts of one of the toy disney phones, so when someone picks it up they hear goofy's voice :P

i was thinking it could be turned into a cool computer / media interface or concealed CB radio or something - I dunno - it's a cool look and I would like to make it functional as well

I recently had my center console out to install my amp (run the wiring) and found the mini-phono mono jack for my factory phone was in there. I have long since removed my stock head unit, so it's useless to me, but I bet it could be used with a modern cell phone. I've got a nokia that's got an external sound port. Would have been nice, had I stock with a stock setup.

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    i was thinking it could be turned into a cool computer / media interface or concealed CB radio or something - I dunno - it's a cool look and I would like to make it functional as well
    if you got a loud enough external speaker you could use it as a verbal alternative to using your finger... you've got a microphone in there already.

Quote Originally Posted by timandbim
    if you got a loud enough external speaker you could use it as a verbal alternative to using your finger... you've got a microphone in there already.
    or

glue it to your face and see how many people give you the finger

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *