GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy from pittsburgh

Default new guy from pittsburgh

Hello all
    I've been lurking or a couple of weeks or so but now can post.
    Thanks Ed for hooking me up w/my user name & password.

i think i'm the new guy on the block (at least for now). When my wife and i move the family to 'the burbs' and i no longer can just walk to work, I'm going to need to get a daily driver which is going to be a 90 535ia. It's like a darker metallic blue color w/blue leather. I'm excited about it, although a bit worried about it being an auto instead of a 5 speed. bmwe34.net as well as this site have been great resources for me so far to gauge what I'm getting myself into.

Two things that i know i need to do on the car are new tires (to pass inspection) and new front struts (which the PO says he can feel, but
    should be able to pass inspection with). Currently it has the 15 inch bbs basketweave type stock wheels. I saw someone's post that had the 16's from a late 90's 7 series which i thought looked really good.

For the struts i was going to go for a set of billsteins and maybe some springs BUT i don't want to lower it extensively.

I appreciate being on the list looking forward to some excellent conversations.

Dave Bentz
    Pittsburgh, PA

2005 x5 3.0
    1990 535 (hopefully soon)
    1989 325ix
    1972 2002

greetings from philadelphia (area).

Default thanks man!

btw those wheels look SICK on your car!!
    -dave

Welcome to the board. You should fill out your User info. Got any pics of your cars?
    -Mike

Default sure here are the rides

the x5 (which is for sale)

http://www.1723merriman.com/x5
    it's an awesome color combo and is in really good shape. kind of what we thought we needed w/two little ones (and all of their stuff). but the wife now wants a new 5 wagon so the x5's gotta go. it's our third one and i'm really ready for something new.

the 2002 (taken when i bought it from dallas...the p/o's awesome 5 is in the back)

it's an original color called colorado which is kind of a washed out orange creamsicle color. it's my 'fun car' that is the garage queen and i take it out on rides w/my 2 year old son who LOVES it. 02's are fun as all hell to drive not to heavy at the higher speeds but man are they a blast in a 1/2 when your down around speed limit speeds. i have a set of period correct aftermarket rims from a company called cosmic that as soon as i get off my hump and get then redone will put them on there. the wheels were the one thing w/the car that wasn't my taste for the car.

the ix (89 4 door 5 speed) is the first bmw i drove (it's been in my wife's family for 95% of it's life) and i couldn't think of parting with it. very much stock except for the new bilsteins that i put on this summer.

the 5 is a darker blue w/blue leather. i know that i have to get new wheels for it as well as the front shocks (i'm doing the rear b/c they probally need it to). also it looks like i'm going to have a slightly sagging drivers seat as well to adjust but that doesn't look like a bad job at all.

unfortunately i don't have any of the ix and the 535 i haven't acquired yet.

thanks for asking,
    Dave

Wow vey nice 2002. Welcome
    Last edited by bmwrp8; 08-22-2007 at 04:05 PM.

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Beautiful 2002!
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Hey there, nice 02. I know the owner of an 02 restoration shop just down the road from me in CT, looks like the kind of work they put out, very sharp looking car you have. Welcome to the board, now go out and buy that 535, let's see how she looks!

Welcome from SoCal Bro! I really like your 02, keep it fresh.

Default hey thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bin_jammin
    Hey there, nice 02. I know the owner of an 02 restoration shop just down the road from me in CT, looks like the kind of work they put out, very sharp looking car you have. Welcome to the board, now go out and buy that 535, let's see how she looks!
    bin jammin the place i think you might be talking about is the mcginn brother's shop. they do just AWESOME WORK!! not only do they specialize in 02's but they have done some amazing work on pretty much every other bmw out there. some day hopefully i can get my 02 up there to get the paint work done by them.

thanks guys for the welcomes!!

-dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast