GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in a GB for the 540i/6 EWS chip?

Default anyone interested in a GB for the 540i/6 EWS chip?

There was thread discussing how great this new chip is but it got nuked at BF.C since I'm not a sponsor there and they are big on sponsors, even though at leat 2 of my dealers are sponsors.

I'n thinking of posting details of a group buy here. If anyone read the thread before it was pulled you would have seen some very positive feedback on it.

I'd like to get out some 530 chips soon but this is ready to go now...

Mark

I've got one of your early non EWS 94 540 chips. Would like to get it upgraded to the new parameters.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Is this option on my car EWS?
    900 APPR. VEH.IMMOBILIZAT. ACC. TO AZT/TUEV

There is a black ring around my ignition and my key has a microchip.Though i thought that was just for the remote locking system i guess it could do both. Tell me what i need to order for my rare (Prash) 404 DME you saw in that nuked thread and i'll order it .
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Is this option on my car EWS?
    900 APPR. VEH.IMMOBILIZAT. ACC. TO AZT/TUEV

There is a black ring around my ignition and my key has a microchip.Though i thought that was just for the remote locking system i guess it could do both. Tell me what i need to order for my rare (Prash) 404 DME you saw in that nuked thread and i'll order it .

Please look at your DME number, it only has EWS-II if it is a 0 261 203 484.

Prash's is EWS-1, not EWS-II. I thought yours was a -404 also, that is EWS-1.

Here's the sticker again..

So you're saying you have a chip made for mine i can just order or you still need to program it?

Here's the sticker again..

So you're saying you have a chip made for mine i can just order or you still need to program it?
    I expect that you don't have EWS-II but you never can be sure as yiur car was made in Dec 94. That is also the month that EWS-II cars were produced. I've seesn BMW do some really weird things when they transistion to new technology. DME's ending in 404 didn't have EWS but it's possible that some did. I've seen oddball DME's and EWS-II transponders in cars without EWS-II.

You should just be able to order it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    I expect that you don't have EWS-II but you never can be sure as yiur car was made in Dec 94. That is also the month that EWS-II cars were produced. I've seesn BMW do some really weird things when they transistion to new technology. DME's ending in 404 didn't have EWS but it's possible that some did. I've seen oddball DME's and EWS-II transponders in cars without EWS-II.

You should just be able to order it.
    LOL!!!!! WHICH ONE????????? LOL>>>!!!

LOL!!!!! WHICH ONE????????? LOL>>>!!!
    I had started updating my site last week to add these new chips, but didn't finish. For now, you can order by selecting the 404 chip, and add 1 744 605 in the comments field as the software #.

What I was meaning is I don't think you have an EWS-II chip in your car, but being in the transistional month it may have one and still have a 404 case on the DME. BMW just seemed to drop in whatever was lying around in that month.

But that is not a crucial matter in selecting preciciely which chip version? Ok then Thanks alot I'll be in touch.

slightly ot, got any deals coming up on a 179 m30 chip, ill be wanting one in the near future for da 6er
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast