GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow, let it snow, let it...

Default Let it snow, let it snow, let it...

Went out today and bought the Snow Performance water/methanol injection Stage 2 system. I realized a local import tuner is but 3 miles from my work, so I went out on lunch.

This setup uses a standalone controller with a pressure sensor (MAP) and has a programmable start and max PSI, and it interpolates spray between. The pump is also adjustable to up to 180+ psi. It comes with 3 nozzles supporting up to 650whp for one nozzle (you can run more than one), and includes all the push fittings and lines and all. I upgraded two things - I went with the larger 7 quart tank (stock 2 quart) and I added a solenoid to act as a check valve since I am going to mount the tank way back in the trunk.

You need a new candle.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

So true

Hahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    You need a new candle.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

how many moneys? i am probably going to get or build a system in the future for da truck, a lot of the cummins guys run washer fluid as most of it contains a certain quantity of methanol, some i think as high as 30% for a little extra power, plus most of the dodges have a huge washer tank, i think mine is 2 gallon or better so you have a built in level sensor and you can wash your windows too
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    how many moneys? i am probably going to get or build a system in the future for da truck, a lot of the cummins guys run washer fluid as most of it contains a certain quantity of methanol, some i think as high as 30% for a little extra power, plus most of the dodges have a huge washer tank, i think mine is 2 gallon or better so you have a built in level sensor and you can wash your windows too
    Wouldn't the other additives in the washer fluid cause problems though? For example a slight soap film? Also, does it have to be methanol, as ethanol is rather easy to produce at home (although illegal almost everywhere except Italy and New Zealand, hooray for me!)?
    Freude am Fahren - Damn straight!

Quote Originally Posted by sKilled
    Wouldn't the other additives in the washer fluid cause problems though? For example a slight soap film? Also, does it have to be methanol, as ethanol is rather easy to produce at home (although illegal almost everywhere except Italy and New Zealand, hooray for me!)?
    Nah - its like 30% methanol and 70% water with some dye and occasionally a scent.

There are reasons for not using ethanol. The important thing is to not use the -30F washer fluid as it contains antifreeze that will ruin bearings and rings.

Winfred - I got the kit locally at a tuner shop for $502 with the upgraded solenoid (no siphoning) and 7 QT tank.

if you shake the washer fluid and it makes suds, don't use it for WI.
    i've got a single nozzle kit for my PT but need to sort out some other issues first.

Why did you get megasquirt to control this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    Why did you get megasquirt to control this?
    Huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast