GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: HELP - Oil Pressure Sensor msg on OBC

Default HELP - Oil Pressure Sensor msg on OBC

Hi guys !
    I just came home and after turning the engine off in my m20 525i I got the aforementioned message. I don't think that the reason for it is the hot weather today (round 80 and full sun) plus my temp gauge didn't fluctuate at all, so the engine didn't overheat !!! I just recently (200 miles) had my oil and filter changed at BMW dealership for synthetic Castrol 5w30 (BMW recomended).
    I will let the car cool down and see if the message still shows up. If so I will have to get it fixed. How much is the sensor and how much work is it to fix it. Bentley says that in m20 it is below the right engine mount, but I couldn't see it.
    I was wondering if there is anybody in NE Ohio (cleveland/Akron) who could help me with this and possible future fixes to my Bimmer.
    Thanks for your help,
    Dan
    musicus1979@yahoo.com

Default update

Just an update. I let the engine cool down and tried again and the message didn't show up again. I drove in the evening and it didn't show after engine arm up. I am wondering if hot weather and black paint could result in engine bay overheating (the engine temp was OK) and thus causing the sensor to fail the test.
    Any thoughts ???
    Dan

Default I attributed this to the inst cluster going crazy how many miles do you have?

Because according to bruno's site, they go nuts around 80-90k and sure enough, mine went nuts. It started bringing that message up for no reason and after to took it out and replaced it, it stopped