GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OT Ever see the doccumentary Sicko?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtisas
    Move to Hong Kong. Universal health care, average 15% income tax, no sale tax, no property tax.

Downside is 100% tax on all cars.
    And don't you see, that no matter where you get taxed, they make up for what breaks you get - honestly, it all catches up it's all about curb appeal. We have no sales tax in Deleware - sounds great - go buy a car there and the moment you go to register it whoooooops you owe sales tax.
    Last edited by Jon K; 08-15-2007 at 05:38 AM.

TANSTAAFL

liberals need to have it tattoed to the insides of their eyelids.
    Somebody HAS to pay... and the ones who pay are not the rich... it is the working poor. No matter how much you tax the rich... they can afford to move and be paid elsewhere, and be exempt from earing income in the US.

SO tax everyone at 11%.. the end.
    I say we pass a flat tax, no tax breaks of any kind, and pass a law that the government can only spend 95% of the revenues with the other 5% saved to pay for responding to disasters/emergencies/hostilities.

Social Security... well it was originally supposed to be a personal pension plan where what you personally paid in you got back out, but that got shot down before it ever got enacted. It's not the republicans or democrats fault, it is just the way it had to be to be acceptable to people at the time who wanted immediate help for older citizens... not only being useful in 20-30 years when people finally had enough in it to retire on.
    The boomer generation was the first one to get near replacement or replacement + 1 growth, and that trend has continued to the detriment of Soc. Sec. funding. Instead of 4-8 siblings and thus 4-8 working adults for every pensioner as it once was, now we have 2-3... and trending towards 2 or less. Alsdo life expectancy has greatly improved so pensioners are living adn drawing funds for much longer than anticipated...
    The money has to come from somewhere, or there can't be any money to give. Are we going to gladly pay more ourselves via autorizing our reps to raise SS taxing rates for those who will retire overthe next 30-40 years knowing full well that it will probably be discontinued, and that in the end there really is only 20-30% of a decent pension to be had that way?
    Or are we goign to pull the plug on it, and give back whatever people have contributed, tell them to put it in a private fund and have government wash its hands of the whole shebang...
    neither solution is morally or politically acceptable... so nothing can or will be done about it.

I still want to know wtf Jeff is talking about useless for 99% of people... not following.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I still want to know wtf Jeff is talking about useless for 99% of people... not following.
    Dude,

Don't worry about Jeff says, I talk to him a lot and cannot figure out what he is saying some of the times. If I had to guess, I would assume it has to deal with your base of knowledge (turbo / nitrous) vs. general e34 knowledge.

-Charles
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    Dude,

Don't worry about Jeff says, I talk to him a lot and cannot figure out what he is saying some of the times. If I had to guess, I would assume it has to deal with your base of knowledge (turbo / nitrous) vs. general e34 knowledge.

-Charles
    Are you implying that you think he thinks my knowledge of the E34 is weak?

LOL @ that if so.

drop it...
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    drop it...
    It's just that I've never said or done anything to Regal I dunno whats up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I dunno whats up his ass.
    Small woodland rodent?

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Small woodland rodent?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    I have not seen the documentary but do know that Michael Moore conveniently forgot to mention all of the cases where people come to the US for treatment because of long waiting lists on surgeries that could mean the difference between life and death if not taken care of immediately.

I think people should also look at the idea of UHC from the standpoint of how well the government as spent all of the other money set aside such as Social Security, which is basically bankrupt now. There are many other areas in which money has been mismanaged that pretty much removes all trust I have in the government to give me whatever healthcare I need when I need it.

Call me a selfish SOB if you like, but I'd rather pay for my own personal health care instead of contributing to everyone's healthcare, particularly those who do not contribute to it. Anyway, thats my 2 cents

Maybe if you were to take a look at the film - which by the way has been recommended by FOX News of all people - you would understand that it chronicles how our Middle Class has been affected by the Health Insurance for Profit Industry in America today.

As far as UHC and paying for healthcare for the poor- you dont want to " pay for everyone's healthcare, Particularly those who dont contribute to it " - Let me ask you this. Who in the heck do you think is paying for the Healthcare for the poor today? You are; and I am; and Regal is through increased Insurance Premiums where the for profit Healtcare companies are able to recoup their losses. - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast