GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Ever see the doccumentary Sicko?

Agreed.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

The problem with Moore's "documentaries" is that people take his word for truth without actually doing any further research, resulting in a whole bunch of people believing somthing that is not entirely true, or not true at all if that's the case. I think what it all boils down to is that when people watch these "documentaries" they only want to see one side of the story, take it as the absolute truth, then blast anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    he should move to one of those full coverage countries.
    Him and all his worthless cronnies...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    The problem with Moore's "documentaries" is that people take his word for truth without actually doing any further research, resulting in a whole bunch of people believing somthing that is not entirely true, or not true at all if that's the case. I think what it all boils down to is that when people watch these "documentaries" they only want to see one side of the story, take it as the absolute truth, then blast anyone who doesn't agree with them.
    I would have to disagree with this.

The problem with Moore's documentaries isn't that they are biassed or selective. They certainly are that, but otherwise he would have no effect.

The problem is that Michael Moore has a social conscience in an era when this is not fashionable. He points out problems that the majority don't want to see because "they are all right Jack" !

Moore is selective but so are goverments and the authorities when it comes to getting their way. Moore is fighting fire with fire, so to speak.

In the era of invading Iraq and fighting terrorism the unfortunate members of society get left behind and get no funding. Moore is fighting for them the only way he can. Actually in his previous documentaries (I haven't seen this one yet), much of what he said was actually true, he just selectively avoided information that didn't suit him.

As they say, the first casualty of war is the truth. Our governments are waging a war against us and the certainly don't tell us all the facts either. They would prefer to occupy us with religion, sport, gambling and alcohol to stop us sitting around plotting how to overthrow them.

Michael Moore has a role to play in our world - without naysayers it would be a much worse place.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuk in Oz
    I would have to disagree with this.

The problem with Moore's documentaries isn't that they are biassed or selective. They certainly are that, but otherwise he would have no effect.

The problem is that Michael Moore has a social conscience in an era when this is not fashionable. He points out problems that the majority don't want to see because "they are all right Jack" !

Moore is selective but so are goverments and the authorities when it comes to getting their way. Moore is fighting fire with fire, so to speak.

In the era of invading Iraq and fighting terrorism the unfortunate members of society get left behind and get no funding. Moore is fighting for them the only way he can. Actually in his previous documentaries (I haven't seen this one yet), much of what he said was actually true, he just selectively avoided information that didn't suit him.

As they say, the first casualty of war is the truth. Our governments are waging a war against us and the certainly don't tell us all the facts either. They would prefer to occupy us with religion, sport, gambling and alcohol to stop us sitting around plotting how to overthrow them.

Michael Moore has a role to play in our world - without naysayers it would be a much worse place.
    I agree with you...to a point. While I am well aware that there are people that have no means of supporting themselves due to disability or whatever the reason there are still people that can basically be summed up as giant leeches that take everything they can from our government in the way of funding when they don't really need it. That would have to be one of the major problems and no one can pin that on Moore. Unfortunately, our society tends to believe that they are entitled to the best and don't want to lift a finger for what they have or what they want, they'd rather take from the people who work hard for a living.

Another problem I see is that some people are quite ignorant and/or only want to know one side of the story. Again, this is not Moore's fault and actually it is quite brilliant from a political standpioint because he is able to play everyone who watches his documentaries by only supplying enough information to suit him as you said. This obviously extends further than the nationalized health care issue but is particularly relevant to the topic of this thread.

Moore can't be blamed for societies ignorance but I personally think it takes away a lot of credibility to only present one side of an argument on such a large issue. I guess we are all guilty of that though...

Default i agree, let's deport the retard.

i pay for my own health care, i see no issue with me paying for it myself.
    i am self imployed with a family.
    anyone who thinks they are entitled to free health care have no concept on quality control.
    you only get what you pay for.
    i prefer to be able to choose when to go, where to go, what to have done to myself.
    i have several doctors as clients they all say the same thing.
    why is it people come here from canada to get simple procedures done?
    patients in canada can be forced to wait 2-3 weeks for a simple mri i can get here within a day or 2.

my father has 2 rare blood diseases.
    the first doctor he saw gave him no info, no treatment, & when they asked questions he would not provide direct answers. my nephew finally convinced him to go elsewhere, the new doctor told him exactly what he needed, & started to give him treatments for the disease.
    even tho he had to pay for his own insurance which is not cheap, he still had options & treatments.
    did you know under the hillary health care system you would not recieve the treatment unless the doctor could garrantee that it would make 20% or more improvement in health, & if you did not qualify you are not allowed to pay for it out of your own pocket.
    so hillary can shove her plan.
    i will keep paying it myself without complaints.
    tim s.
    Last edited by tim s; 08-13-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s
    ...did you know under the hillary health care system you would not recieve the treatment unless the doctor could garrantee that it would make 20% or more improvement in health, & if you did not qualify you are not allowed to pay for it out of your own pocket.
    tim s.
    I actually didn't know the details of her health care plan but now that you have shown some light on it I think I know exactly where she can shove it. Her whole plan for the country is based on people feeling entitled to ****. I thought the whole reason our country came to be was because our forefathers wanted LESS government control, so why the hell are the dems trying to take back a whole bunch of control and ruin the American way of life? If I wanted to live with a large amount of government control I'd move to Russia or Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s
    i pay for my own health care, i see no issue with me paying for it myself.
    i am self imployed with a family.
    anyone who thinks they are entitled to free health care have no concept on quality control.
    you only get what you pay for.
    i prefer to be able to choose when to go, where to go, what to have done to myself.
    i have several doctors as clients they all say the same thing.
    why is it people come here from canada to get simple procedures done?
    patients in canada can be forced to wait 2-3 weeks for a simple mri i can get here within a day or 2.

my father has 2 rare blood diseases.
    the first doctor he saw gave him no info, no treatment, & when they asked questions he would not provide direct answers. my nephew finally convinced him to go elsewhere, the new doctor told him exactly what he needed, & started to give him treatments for the disease.
    even tho he had to pay for his own insurance which is not cheap, he still had options & treatments.
    did you know under the hillary health care system you would not recieve the treatment unless the doctor could garrantee that it would make 20% or more improvement in health, & if you did not qualify you are not allowed to pay for it out of your own pocket.
    tim s.
    I don't know anything about the "Hillary Plan", but I'd like to clarify a few things about the Canadian system. First, we do have a choice of who to see and can receive a second, third or fourth opinion. I just got back from a fishing trip with two doctors I would trust my life with, so maybe my view of the quality is scewed. True, we do drive across the border to get MRI's and other procedures which have relatively large wait times when compared to the US. This is frequent target for those opposed to UHC and Canadians hear it constantly. It seems to be the only valid argument against the Candian system. However, in these cases, we can exploit the US system's best attributes while retaining our access to free health care. We don't have the number of machines (MRI) and we do lose a large number of docs / nurses etc. to the US, due to the competetive market which ultimately drives salaries up. Regardless, 99% of the time, we have access to adequate, free health care. The other 1%, god forbid I ever need it, I'll hop a flight to MN and pay the same thing you do

Oh, I was having a chat with some guys from Ohio that spend their summer here, and they were saying that while canada has UHC, and they would love to have it, they do get cheaper cigarettes, booze and gas in the US. Think about it...............

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    I actually didn't know the details of her health care plan but now that you have shown some light on it I think I know exactly where she can shove it. Her whole plan for the country is based on people feeling entitled to ****. I thought the whole reason our country came to be was because our forefathers wanted LESS government control, so why the hell are the dems trying to take back a whole bunch of control and ruin the American way of life? If I wanted to live with a large amount of government control I'd move to Russia or Canada.
    Yeah, the gov is constantly on my back here

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default thats fine for you, but..........

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    I don't know anything about the "Hillary Plan", but I'd like to clarify a few things about the Canadian system. First, we do have a choice of who to see and can receive a second, third or fourth opinion. I just got back from a fishing trip with two doctors I would trust my life with, so maybe my view of the quality is scewed. True, we do drive across the border to get MRI's and other procedures which have relatively large wait times when compared to the US. This is frequent target for those opposed to UHC and Canadians hear it constantly. It seems to be the only valid argument against the Candian system. However, in these cases, we can exploit the US system's best attributes while retaining our access to free health care. We don't have the number of machines (MRI) and we do lose a large number of docs / nurses etc. to the US, due to the competetive market which ultimately drives salaries up. Regardless, 99% of the time, we have access to adequate, free health care. The other 1%, god forbid I ever need it, I'll hop a flight to MN and pay the same thing you do

Oh, I was having a chat with some guys from Ohio that spend their summer here, and they were saying that while canada has UHC, and they would love to have it, they do get cheaper cigarettes, booze and gas in the US. Think about it...............

Dave
    you did say you could drive here if needed.
    so if we change to the system you have, then what will you do?
    tim s.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast