GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your job from hell?

Default What's your job from hell?

Yesterday and today have been perhaps the worst time I've ever spent beneath a car. Here's my story. What's yours?
    '92 Cadillac Seville belonging to a good friends son, his first car and a miserable chunk of ****. I've agreed to bail him out.
    All of the brake lines have rusted and been patched using compression fittings. Yesterday was spent removing the junk lines, picking rust from my eyes and bending, flaring and fishing twenty six feet of brake lines then breaking all the bleeder screws.
    Today was better. Struts, thrust rod bushings, sway bar links and drive shafts. Every fastener rusted tight in spite of having what must have been the entire crankcase contents spayed liberally about the suspension, along with fifteen years of road grime caked everywhere. All done on my back with the car on jack stands.
    A friend and I once changed the entire driveline of a car in a marathon session and I didn't get as filthy as I am now. My DOGS didn't recognize me.
    To top it all off one of the driveshafts is wrong so tomorrow I'm under it again.
    Tell me some horror stories so I feel better.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

working as an electrician, replacing a residential panel... oh.. in the rain.

That's why they call you Sparky.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Caught 4 miles from my truck, on a moutainside in BC, in four feet of wet snow with a 20+ lb pack..............and a shattered snowshoe (sunk through and caught between boulders). I spent a good part of the remainder of the day on my belly trying to make headway.

This is one of many, many horrible winter days spent in the slippers of misery. Forestry is like a picnic in the woods, right?

Dave

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default dodge caravans

or any other F-ing traverse mounted piece of maligant sado-engineering

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

engine job in a s80 volvo, i ****ing hate s80s, i god damn mother****ing hate s80s, i use to not like 850s and 960s much, they don't really bother me anymore, everything is a ****ing ordeal including getting the correct parts
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I am glad there are people in the world like winfred who tell how crap certain cars are. everyone seems to think all cars are good and seem to think that all cars are the fruits of people with a brain who have pride in their work.

I am not one of those people.
    sounds like that god damn holden/opel astra that my gf has, oh yeah don't worry. she's driving my e34 today her shitbox threw a belt!

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

99-04 VWs suck balls. Everything breaks and they're FWD

I once picked up a Landrover Series 2 Ragtop v8 for cheap because it had wiring faults.

It didnt click while I was getting it - but the whole damn car had been rewired with house grade flex. >:/

Took me a month and the same cash I'd paid for the damn thing to get it back on the road. Flip side was that it was worth twice what I'd paid for it (including the new loom) after that

I am thinking of my worst job/day right now, and I don't think I can post it here without making you all vomit on yourselves. All the stuff you do above with cars, I did to people. That's about all I wanna say really. CSI ain't bon bons and roses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast