GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bent wheel, what are my options?

Default Bent wheel, what are my options?

I have a bit of shaking at highway speeds, so I took my car to have it's wheels balanced on a Hunter GSP9700. That machine is impressive as hell. So impressive, in fact, that it very easily found that one of my wheels is bent.

What can I do? I really hope I don't have to buy a new wheel. My wheels are stock 15" for a 535i.

Quote Originally Posted by J.DeFeo
    I have a bit of shaking at highway speeds, so I took my car to have it's wheels balanced on a Hunter GSP9700. That machine is impressive as hell. So impressive, in fact, that it very easily found that one of my wheels is bent.

What can I do? I really hope I don't have to buy a new wheel. My wheels are stock 15" for a 535i.
    just had a thread similar to your problem few weeks back...was having very loud vibrations so I changed my center bearing and checked my prop shaft..I have no guibo...still there, turned out to be my rear wheels where bent.I have a 17" AC Schnitzer...I just had it repaired then now its fine...don't know how they repaired my bent mags I guess they pressed it or something, their were no signs of repair and they didn't repainted my mags

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Spare??
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Compare the cost of repairing the wheel (approx. $120) to the cost of buying a good used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Spare??
    Wow, I feel dumb for not thinking of this. I don't think my spare's ever been used.

LOL... Hahahaha! My lightbulb blew out too. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8
    just had a thread similar to your problem few weeks back...was having very loud vibrations so I changed my center bearing and checked my prop shaft..I have no guibo...still there, turned out to be my rear wheels where bent.I have a 17" AC Schnitzer...I just had it repaired then now its fine...don't know how they repaired my bent mags I guess they pressed it or something, their were no signs of repair and they didn't repainted my mags
    Where are you located and which Wheel Repair place did you use,if you don't mind ??
    Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Booster
    Where are you located and which Wheel Repair place did you use,if you don't mind ??
    Vinny
    sorry philippines

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

That can also be a problem... Likely, it will be dry rotted... First time you put them on and drive it, tire will develop cracks.

Wow, I feel dumb for not thinking of this. I don't think my spare's ever been used.
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)