GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Project ///Monster: UPDATE!

Default Project ///Monster: UPDATE!

So life has been doing its best to get me down lately. Heat, Humidity, Work, House Stuff, Car Problems, Money Problems...typical stuff. But its all gone now, and i'm in the best mood i've been in for a while...why you might ask?

"Is the M5 back on the road?" you might be thinking? Sadly, i must say no to that. Well, not YET at least. But the first major crisis has been averted...the machine shop called today, informed my father that my head is 'flat'. I didn't get tolerances, dad just left me an IM, but they said its "fine, totally flat" but that my valve seats needed to be 'cleaned/replaced' which is a big 'duh'!

So i'm going to have to take the beginning of next week and get up there to give her some TLC. Time to save up, and spend most of my yearly salary at BMA!

A Very Psyched,
    Jason

Default you sound as financially challanged as I am

I used to do really good. theres always a light at the end of the tunnel, altho mine has been a burned match but it will get better. Your in the spirit and the news that the head is ok is good news! keep it clean, dont **** up and it shouldnt cost more than the gaskets.

Good luck and piece be with you.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Jeff! yeah, i can see the light (promotion at work)....but its way down the tunnel yet. But i'm plodding along...one bill at a time...watching the extras (do i really NEED to order that pizza, there's chicken in the fridge i could make), and just overall being 'thrifty'. This is some of the best news though, new gaskets, hoses, water pump, oil pump, and a few other odds and ends and it should be roaring again in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeak
    Thanks Jeff! yeah, i can see the light (promotion at work)....but its way down the tunnel yet. But i'm plodding along...one bill at a time...watching the extras (do i really NEED to order that pizza, there's chicken in the fridge i could make), and just overall being 'thrifty'. This is some of the best news though, new gaskets, hoses, water pump, oil pump, and a few other odds and ends and it should be roaring again in no time!

Let me know when you need help.. im down. PS: I saw Iceland Green E34 with T-Stars today with US M5 wing today in Center City... I think i found my new goal.

just got the word, its flat within .002" + or -. YAY!!

Jason...a big difference between having your valve seats machined or cleaned up versus replaced. Replacement is big bucks and I hope the machine shop shows you justification if it is replacement.
    Good Luck,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeak
    But i'm plodding along...one bill at a time...watching the extras (do i really NEED to order that pizza, there's chicken in the fridge i could make), and just overall being 'thrifty'.

On that note jason i'd like my pants back.

Yeah, i can get away with just cleaning them. Thats going to be taken care of ASAP. Thanks George!

as a general guide line, if the head hasn't been machined before, and the valve seats are intact with no visual damage, then they can be machined for a more precise seal with the valve and not replaced which is a much more difficult job to do properly and much more expensive. Don't want to see you incur this expense if unnecessary.... particularly if needlessly swapping out valve seats on a 24V motor :-)
    George

Hey Jason, hope the project is going fine! And you dont know what heat and humidity I laugh at your puny amounts of heat and humidity, oh, and it was 110 a few days ago. Jon, and everyone else,
    I will soon be posting some pics of the cars out here, some great ideas on what to do for the e34s. There are tons of e34s, I swear they outnumber almost any other car on the road hear. Other pics will most likely include, more bimmers, Dakar yellow 750il, estroil blue 740i, green e39 M5, Porsche/Gemballa Cayenne 600. a few Few GT2s, and a 996RS. The Ferraris that live below me, and some other bitchin cars.

And to make a lot of you jealous, I found a 520i that was rear ended with no damage to the rest of the car, with a full AC schnitzer body kit, owner wants for $200 for the kit, already painted Iceland green. And soon, I will be picking up a set of the 540i sport split spokes.