GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger Kit for 93-95 525i w/ Methanol injection. Only $3k!!!!!!!

Default Supercharger Kit for 93-95 525i w/ Methanol injection. Only $3k!!!!!!!

I have recently turned my car back to stock to sell to my mother who was in need of reliable transportation, as the car was an extra vehicle I let it go. The supercharger system worked flawlessly when removed as did the methanol injection. The kit does not permanently alter anything on the vehicle so your car may be turned back to stock without evidence of ever being modified. I didn't even have to drill holes to mount the methanol injection pump, Ill tell you where it mounts up with ease, No wiring modification necessary either. This kit is complete with absolutely everything you need. Not like most used kits that someone has lost parts to along the way.
    The kit is made By ERT for the 95 bmw M3 but The chip I have is for the M50tu. The kit uses A powerdyne head unit the Bd-11a (best belt drive blower made by powerdyne). Charger has not been rebuilt and only has about 6k miles on it max. The blower has never been spun past the manufacturers recommendations. Boost has always been at 6psi this blower is setup to make over 300hp and be extreamly reliable. Ask anyone, if you dont spin the powerdyne too fast, they last a very long time.
    This kit also Uses the 3.5" MAF housing, Your stock sensor out of your 3" Maf is used in the housing. It also operates with a bosch bypass valve to protect the blower even more, Ive been told that it is not necissary to run at stock psi for the system but why not.
    The methonol injection system uses a specially designed pump, relay and s Own psi switch thats adjustable on the fly from 2-10 psi I believe. system uses stock washer fluid tank.
    I will give the recipient 2 chips that run the charger that are designed for 6psi, the 3.5" MAF and 24lb injectors (whitch are included and have been recently serviced). I will also give as much technical support as you need to get this on your car properly. let me know what you think. pm me if interested.

usable on a m30 535?

Sorry this kit is only for the engnine specified, Only the M50tu/52 or the S50/52.

nooone is making a m3/m5 killer?? THis alone brings you up over 300hp at the engine not to mention how much lighter this car is than the M5. Add some exhaust and retune for about 8psi and youll be in hillbilly heaven.

I would love it, but i have a 91 M50, which your kit does not seem to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcamaro
    nooone is making a m3/m5 killer?? THis alone brings you up over 300hp at the engine not to mention how much lighter this car is than the M5. Add some exhaust and retune for about 8psi and youll be in hillbilly heaven.
    My '95 525 is a daily driver with only 60,000 miles on it. I would love to have more power as the acceleration from 60 to 100 is pretty slow. I live in Germany and travel the Autobahn twice a day so I could 'exercise' the new-found power right often.

I am not too familiar with methanol injection combined with supercharging. I figure it sprays to cool off the pressurized air so it would only spray under boost conditions? This does not sound like the fix I need for extended time under boost (possibly hours at a time). Could an intercooler eliminate the need to lose my windshield washer system to the methanol injection?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bsell
    My '95 525 is a daily driver with only 60,000 miles on it. I would love to have more power as the acceleration from 60 to 100 is pretty slow. I live in Germany and travel the Autobahn twice a day so I could 'exercise' the new-found power right often.

I am not too familiar with methanol injection combined with supercharging. I figure it sprays to cool off the pressurized air so it would only spray under boost conditions? This does not sound like the fix I need for extended time under boost (possibly hours at a time). Could an intercooler eliminate the need to lose my windshield washer system to the methanol injection?

Brian
    Yes methanol injection is to cool the boost charge, It only comes on at whatever PSI you set the switch at, (2-10psi). The engine doesnt need this, its just to cool the charge and raise the octane level a bit to make sure there is no detenation. you can always hook up a remote resevoir to the pump instead of using the washer fluid container. I know they make 2 gallon reseviours that go in your trunk, that will last you some time. An intercooler will cool the air charge but will not raise the octane level. LIke I said the kit works great without the methanol injection but, with the meth you can boost a little higher. You could buy a smaller pulley and go up to 8psi instead of 6psi and get even more power out of the motor. the possibilities are endless.

Yes methanol injection is to cool the boost charge, It only comes on at whatever PSI you set the switch at, (2-10psi). The engine doesnt need this, its just to cool the charge and raise the octane level a bit to make sure there is no detenation. you can always hook up a remote resevoir to the pump instead of using the washer fluid container. I know they make 2 gallon reseviours that go in your trunk, that will last you some time. An intercooler will cool the air charge but will not raise the octane level. LIke I said the kit works great without the methanol injection but, with the meth you can boost a little higher. You could buy a smaller pulley and go up to 8psi instead of 6psi and get even more power out of the motor. the possibilities are endless.
    True, true but I need a car I can drive everyday with around 70-100 extra ponies. What the car really needs is for the torque band to come down about 1,000 rpms and flatten out some. Then the thing would drive much more comfortably. Do you think the supercharger set-up would do this?

I would love to see some dyno charts from this set-up.

Brian

No the supercharger will not bring the tourque band down and flatten it out. It would if it was a roots style blower or even a twin screw blower, but a centrifugal blower builds boost with RPM, therefore your max HP is at max RPM. The thing just keeps pulling harder and harder up to full RPM. At 3500 RPM its only making a few pounds of boost. The car still has more HP and torque than stock through the powerband but it is linear not flat.

Default I'd love it...

but at that price can't justify....though it is 2K cheaper than commercial stuff from VF engineering, AA, etc...

besides, not sure my tranny can support that power.

if my conversion is right... the AS (whatever tranny I have...) the 310 in the nomenclature means it takes 3.1Nm of torque, which I convert to about 225Hp... and I already got the EAT chip so think I'm at 200Hp now, plus or minus a bit....

sure is nice though.

I have recently turned my car back to stock to sell to my mother who was in need of reliable transportation, as the car was an extra vehicle I let it go. The supercharger system worked flawlessly when removed as did the methanol injection. The kit does not permanently alter anything on the vehicle so your car may be turned back to stock without evidence of ever being modified. I didn't even have to drill holes to mount the methanol injection pump, Ill tell you where it mounts up with ease, No wiring modification necessary either. This kit is complete with absolutely everything you need. Not like most used kits that someone has lost parts to along the way.
    The kit is made By ERT for the 95 bmw M3 but The chip I have is for the M50tu. The kit uses A powerdyne head unit the Bd-11a (best belt drive blower made by powerdyne). Charger has not been rebuilt and only has about 6k miles on it max. The blower has never been spun past the manufacturers recommendations. Boost has always been at 6psi this blower is setup to make over 300hp and be extreamly reliable. Ask anyone, if you dont spin the powerdyne too fast, they last a very long time.
    This kit also Uses the 3.5" MAF housing, Your stock sensor out of your 3" Maf is used in the housing. It also operates with a bosch bypass valve to protect the blower even more, Ive been told that it is not necissary to run at stock psi for the system but why not.
    The methonol injection system uses a specially designed pump, relay and s Own psi switch thats adjustable on the fly from 2-10 psi I believe. system uses stock washer fluid tank.
    I will give the recipient 2 chips that run the charger that are designed for 6psi, the 3.5" MAF and 24lb injectors (whitch are included and have been recently serviced). I will also give as much technical support as you need to get this on your car properly. let me know what you think. pm me if interested.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast