GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my air con sucks

Default my air con sucks

it barely blows cool. We have a can of that recharge your own a/c stuff. I was wondering if those actually work?

It so bad its not even worth turning on. It blows cool thats about it, I want ice cold.
    Mark

1999 M3 Cosmos Black/ Black 78k
    1994 540i Oxford Green/ Silver Grey Sold @ 133k
    1995 M3 Arctic Silver/Black Sold @ 117k
    1990 325i Zinnobar Red/Black Sold @ 115k

I only get ice cold if it's less than 28 deg outside. If it's more, then it's just cool... charge is good.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

recharge and it'll do better. i usually get cool for the first 10mins when i turn it on, and it's really hot outside. after it cools down a bit, it starts freezing

Yes, you need to recharge... 25PSI is what you are looking for... when AC is on and your AUX fan is running... make sure your AUX fan is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Yes, you need to recharge... 25PSI is what you are looking for... when AC is on and your AUX fan is running... make sure your AUX fan is running.
    it doesn't run ALL the time. it only turns on when it's necessary, when it detects an increase in the temperature in the AC cooler.

Default Mine Blows.

Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

28* with the a/c kickin, damb your hard core or have a severe thyroid problem.

JK *C vs. *F... It took me for ever to adjust my a/c in Iraq, even though I knew the temp conversion, just used to seeing the numbers.

Mine blows cool also. I just ordered 2 cans of Freeze12 from ebay. Will do a recharge on my AC next weekend. See how it goes.
    (SOLD) 92 525ia M50 | NGK plug | JVC AR560 | EAT chip | California

Quote Originally Posted by markus
    it barely blows cool. We have a can of that recharge your own a/c stuff. I was wondering if those actually work?

It so bad its not even worth turning on. It blows cool thats about it, I want ice cold.
    I put two cans of r34 in mine a couple weeks ago. The system takes about three to fill from scratch. I had similar symptoms prior to recharging.

Take a look at your sight glass while the a/c is running. If the freon level is low, there will either be nothing moving in the glass or a bunch of foam. What you want is a solid stream of liquid with low pressure in the mid-upper 20's (psi). The high side will be what it is depending on the heat of the day.

To be done right, you and I should find our leaks and fix them before recharging this freon into the atmosphere over time. But we do what we do...

Brian

Aux is supposed to be on slow whenever the a/c is on, regardless of temp., then goes to high speed when things get hot in slow traffic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast