GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Seat Would Fit E34

Default What Seat Would Fit E34

Anyone put in a different seat than e34's ? Any from another BMW frame? Tips ?

I put e30m3 seats into mye34 535. I had new steel pedestals welded to the brackets & recovered the driver side seat with microsuede inserts from Kevin at http://creativeoptions.info. These seats allow more headroom & provide more support with leg extension & side bolsters that are more aggressive.
    erased due to slander

Very nice job. Are they heated ? Not that you would need it in California.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWDriver
    Very nice job. Are they heated ? Not that you would need it in California.
    No heat. I could take the switch, elements & wiring out of the heated comfort seat, but the interest isn't there.
    Anyone want 2 good front black comfort seats? The driver seat has heat & electric lumbar adjustable support. Not interested in shipping them.
    erased due to slander

can we possibly fit Z3 seats into an e34, i want the seats in there to make the ride and look a little more sportier?sp. anyone have any ideas for this or done it?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpawn5
    can we possibly fit Z3 seats into an e34, i want the seats in there to make the ride and look a little more sportier?sp. anyone have any ideas for this or done it?
    I can see why you want them:

But would sporty seats really fit well with the overall unsporty feel of the e34 cabin? The m5 seats, sure... they just work. But seeing z3 seats in there with stock rears would make it look like one of those ricer Honda's with red front racing seats and the stock bench in the back. I dunno...

If you want a sportier feel... try customizing something else. I recently wrapped the wood trim in Alcantara Suede and painted/dyed most of the plastics and vinyl in my car black. It completely changed the feel of the cabin, and makes it actually feel "sporty."
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    But would sporty seats really fit well with the overall unsporty feel of the e34 cabin? The m5 seats, sure... they just work. But seeing z3 seats in there with stock rears would make it look like one of those ricer Honda's with red front racing seats and the stock bench in the back. I dunno...

If you want a sportier feel... try customizing something else. I recently wrapped the wood trim in Alcantara Suede and painted/dyed most of the plastics and vinyl in my car black. It completely changed the feel of the cabin, and makes it actually feel "sporty."
    Any Pics?
    -Mike

I might not end up doing it, but would e39 seats be a feasible solution ? I think I recall seeing a post on that subject around here. (Did a search, but to no avail.)

Any Pics?
    I'll go take some in a minute. Just got done washing, so the camera is usually pulled out anyways
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast