GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mono Wiper conversion

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    but some things are never, never good....like chrome on the wheel arches.

AMEN !
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    but some things are never, never good....like chrome on the wheel arches.
    I know... I hate it when people put chrome all over the place with no taste whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    I know... I hate it when people put chrome all over the place with no taste whatsoever...

PMSL!

Cheers,

Shaun M

Quote Originally Posted by tgrandahl
    My original assembly is, well not shot, but on its way out. As i am rebuilding a lot of the car now its on the list. Im not looking to waste money and i understand that its better to have two. The fact that its a modification that really downgrades and confuses could be seen as "rice" yes. But if i pull the assembly anyways its something i gave though to trying to do myself. Right now every time my wipers park they smash into the upper lip of my hood. My freshly painted hood. I can mount them one "notch" higher on the hubs but then they look stupid, like they were never parked.

I always think outside the box. If you prefer one arm over two because to your eye it looks better, do it. If you think it will make your car faster (and you can prove that it will) do it. If you're doing it because you want to protect the paint on your hood, fix your car. There's a reason it's hitting, something is either mis-adjusted or worn.

If you still feel the need to modify your car and think outside the box, add a wiper part stop. A lot of cars have them, they're little black (usually) plastic things that the wipers park against. Basically it solves the problems you have. If you really want to further mod your car, find one that has a squirter nozzle built in, or see if you can find one that has a heated squirter, as it will keep the ice from forming on your wipers.

Come to think of it....

How about the old Jags with 3 arms?

Is there a 3 arm conversion?

...j/k btw
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by E34-520iSE
    PMSL!

Cheers,

Shaun M
    Had to look that one up... !

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8
    i have the same problems as yours before...my passenger wiper (left hand drive) hits the hood...What I did is I took out the assembly and just changed the the rubber ring in the passenger side...a friend of mine has the same problem also but his rubber was ok so he just reseated the rubber properly...since then it never touched the hood...hope this helps...the rubber is super cheap
    Ok, so im looking at the real oem blow up and it sounds like your referring to "06-RUBBER BOOT-3-61611378537-$4.30" Is this the part you replaced? It will be great to be able to order this before i pull the assembly and such.

Ok, so im looking at the real oem blow up and it sounds like your referring to "06-RUBBER BOOT-3-61611378537-$4.30" Is this the part you replaced? It will be great to be able to order this before i pull the assembly and such.
    nope its the damper ring..no.16 and 24...but before you order check it first ...the damper might just be misaligned like my friends....

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrp8
    nope its the damper ring..no.16 and 24...but before you order check it first ...the damper might just be misaligned like my friends....
    Oh wow waitup so you dont even have to pull the assembly to replace them? I will take a good look when the sun comes up. Thanks

Oh wow waitup so you dont even have to pull the assembly to replace them? I will take a good look when the sun comes up. Thanks
    yep

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast