GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: How fast does Amsoil ship your stuff out?

Default How fast does Amsoil ship your stuff out?

Hey Guys,

I just placed my first order with them... signed up with 6 months membership for discount. I am wondering how fast they ship out and whether they ship out from their closest warehouse or that they ship from their headquarter in WI.

I have no idea why they collect sales tax in my state when I don't see any of thier corporate office in my state... Even if they have dealer in the state, they are not responsible of collecting the sales tax... wierd.

Don't know how fast. There's a distributor just up the road from me so I just go up there to pick it up. You get free shipping or something with your discount?

What state are you in?
    '95 540iA ~212k

I bought Synthetic ATF in one gallons... a case worth. The 6 month membership is $10 as you know... and the price of a case dropped from $139 to $100. I think the shipping was like $15.

NJ

I bought a dealer membership many years ago. They have many warehouses across the country. Most of my drop-shipments get to the customer within 2-3 days, from a local warehouse nearest to them. I have periodic orders drop-shipped to a customer in Phoenix and for some reason it always takes 5-7 days to get to him.

I too am charged state sales tax for the customer's state and unfortunately must pass it on -- it kills many sales inquiries. The explanation they gave me is they have a local presence in all states and therefore must abide by state and local taxation laws. Some states really get hammered with tax but most of them are slightly less than the state income tax for other retail goods. Some states even tack on additional nuisance petroleum and/or recycle taxes There is an exemption one can apply for but according to IRS rules I do not qualify for that. I sell all of their products at retail minus 15% plus shipping and tax and have actually taken a loss more than once due to not factoring in all of the nuisance taxes in my quote.

I am not allowed to post Ams*il wholesale/dealer prices but let's just say there isn't much mark-up, it's approx. $1.30 per quart for most of their products.

These should be current freight and tax rates:

The dealer rate is about 3-5 cents per pound less than the retail rate. Figure 2.1 lbs per quart for all their oils.

Mmm... that's intresting... doesn't sound like you can make alot of money... especially if you put your time into it... it is more like they get to have employee without salary... independent contractor with no contract.

Hell, at their retail price... it is not much of a bargain. Yes, their product is superior, but again... not much incentive for majority of consumers to convert.

Yeah, not much incentive for me to sell it. I bought the dealer membership (same 6 month fee as preferred customer) primarily for my own & family & friends' purchases. I do get a token $2+ per $100 in sales per month "kickback" but it doesn't amount to much unless one sells in high volumes. There's an accelerated commission kickback the more one sells each month. I'd have to be making $1000's per month in sales for it to be worthwhile.

As synthetics go, Ams*il is usually priced quite a bit less than Redline or Royal Purple (ick!). Mobil 1 is a relative bargain in comparison if one can find it cheap at Walmart, etc.

Thanks for your reply... confirms my hypothesis. Yeah, you are right on the Mobil 1... however, Mobil 1 price are very close to Amsoil's price now everywhere else. The best deal on Synthetic is the Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w40 at Walmart... 1 gallon size is $16... and that's $4 a quart.

Gale- your not kidding, (Yeah, not much incentive for me to sell it) you have never mentioned that you sold the stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    Yeah, not much incentive for me to sell it. I bought the dealer membership (same 6 month fee as preferred customer) primarily for my own & family & friends' purchases. I do get a token $2+ per $100 in sales per month "kickback" but it doesn't amount to much unless one sells in high volumes. There's an accelerated commission kickback the more one sells each month. I'd have to be making $1000's per month in sales for it to be worthwhile.

As synthetics go, Ams*il is usually priced quite a bit less than Redline or Royal Purple (ick!). Mobil 1 is a relative bargain in comparison if one can find it cheap at Walmart, etc.
    M20 525/7 Bore: 84.50mm Stroke 81mm CR 8.5:1, blue printed/dyno & custom chip. Boost @ 6.5psi ~246hp @ 5300rpm / torque @ 269ftlbs. @ 4250rpm

They're pretty quick with it. I am in DFW and they have a warehouse in Arlington. I've always received my shipment the day after I order it (as long as it was placed early enough in the day).