GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I swear to god...

Default I swear to god...

...if I find who's vandalising the cars on our estate I'm going to break their fingers one joint at a time. And work them after I've broken them.

Got back from work, had left the car at home as I'm walking to catch the train while it's sunny - whopping great crack up the driver side of the windscreen. On closer inspection there's an impact mark between the bottom of the windscreen wipers and the top of the hood.

Some bastards put a wide blade screwdriver through the gap and walloped it with a mallet to do the kind of damage that's been done. The windscreens delaminated for a good inch around the impact mark...

Luckily the screens covered by insurance, but christ I could have done without the $150 excess payment...

sorry to hear that bro.. Hope they get what's coming to them.

time to install some IP webcams.

Seriously... if this isn't the first time, cameras would be installed at my house.

When I first got my e34, somebody thought it would be funny to steal my rear toebar cap one night, rip off my brake ducts the next, and improperly lift my car causing a giant gash on my fender about a week later.

A loaded gun (ok it was a bb gun ) and a very visible new camera fixed that.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Default Screen damage

That close to the edge is where they damage easiest. Other possibility: stone chip kicked up by passing car? Somebody wanted to p.. sorry, upset you, they'd have hit the middle of the screen. And you'd probably have no headlamps or mirrors. No consolation but glad you at least have screen insurance. Dont suppose plod are any use-apart from the crime ref? Either way its bad news man
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    That close to the edge is where they damage easiest. Other possibility: stone chip kicked up by passing car? Somebody wanted to p.. sorry, upset you, they'd have hit the middle of the screen. And you'd probably have no headlamps or mirrors. No consolation but glad you at least have screen insurance. Dont suppose plod are any use-apart from the crime ref? Either way its bad news man
    Mate, there's no way a stone could have got in there... its right under where the edge of the hood/bonnet flicks upwards.

Also: the crack wasnt there yesterday evening when I parked the car up.

I feel your pain. It seems to be open season on E34s in the UK right now.

I went to Bristol a couple of weeks ago and the local asbos keyed the paint in several places, and a large van or taxi or something backed into it, denting the boot lid. A week before that, I clipped wing mirrors with an Audi on a country lane. He pulled out just as I was passing him. His mirror came out unscathed. Mine swung in and shattered the glass.

Then I got a big-ass dent in the nearside wing when the front lost a traction on a greasy, rain-soaked corner on another country lane and I bounced into a post. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm thinking of trading my E34 and E30 in on an E39 so I can wreck that too.

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

sorry to hear that...

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVoorhis
    I feel your pain. It seems to be open season on E34s in the UK right now.

I went to Bristol a couple of weeks ago and the local asbos keyed the paint in several places, and a large van or taxi or something backed into it, denting the boot lid. A week before that, I clipped wing mirrors with an Audi on a country lane. He pulled out just as I was passing him. His mirror came out unscathed. Mine swung in and shattered the glass.

Then I got a big-ass dent in the nearside wing when the front lost a traction on a greasy, rain-soaked corner on another country lane and I bounced into a post. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm thinking of trading my E34 and E30 in on an E39 so I can wreck that too.
    Yikes, you've been through the wars a bit >: (

Despite having the rear end on mine lose traction several times already, I've thus far managed to evade solid objects *touches wood quick*

Oh great, I've gotta wait a week for a new screen now cos autoglass are too busy.

*well pissed off*