GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: alturnative radio serial location

Default alturnative radio serial location

Sorry about yet another radio thread. A search brought up a few but I had some additional questions.

After taking the radio to a dealership to get the code, the serial number was nowhere to be found. The radio has no stickers or markings of any kind.

Has anybody been able to take it apart and find the serial anywhere else? Printed on a chip or some sort of identification inside?

I have found some posts that insist the code can be retrieved through the VIN. The software at the dealership had no such option. Can anybody confirm the VIN can be used to get the code? If so, which dealership should I call?

Is anyone here willing to share codes to possibly find a master code? Or at least give me something to try

There is no code by VIN option. Dealers often swapped radios from car-to-car, especially in the days when changers weren't compatible cross-brand with head units. Or for warranty repairs. I don't understand where that rumor ever came from. It's not true. Is this a BMW radio? What year/model? Some have a plate with the code stamped into it and it might be hard to see. Pictures might help. I've never seen one without a serial number of some kind. Used radios are so cheap that's probably your best bet if there's really no number (hard to believe).

you probably have a pioneer and they put the # on a sticker that falls off, if you are lucky it's somewhere in the console area, you did check the folder of crap that's with the owners manual right? assuming it's not long gone
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

so I have a 95 525it and I pulled the radio out to get the SN. It's stamped on a plate attaced to the back of the radio but there are no markings at all to indicate what manufacturer it is. SN is 10 characters, starts with F and ends in B, and the characters inbetween are all numbers. any ideas?
    Last edited by m_dudey; 07-22-2007 at 10:42 PM.

that's a alpine, call the dealer with that # and they will give you the code

Quote Originally Posted by m_dudey
    so I have a 95 525it and I pulled the radio out to get the SN. It's stamped on a plate attaced to the back of the radio but there are no markings at all to indicate what manufacturer it is. SN is 10 characters, starts with F and ends in B, and the characters inbetween are all numbers. any ideas?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it