GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hit and run

Default hit and run

Looks like someone backed out of their driveway and hit it across the street. I can't be sure if thats what it was, who it was, and I have no witnesses. I really have no way of accusing anybody so while very upset I just left.

Besides taking it to a shop and getting charged more then what I would pay for a new door, do I have any other options?

Anybody have any experience? Don't suppose I could take apart the door and give it a good swift kick from the other side?

Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by infurno; 07-11-2007 at 07:10 PM.

it look slike just the door... so you can find another door and have it sprayed.. then install it yourself.

you only have liability insurance?
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    it look slike just the door... so you can find another door and have it sprayed.. then install it yourself.

you only have liability insurance?
    Yeah, not insured to take care of this.

I was lucky it was only the door.

Would really like to just keep this door. I know a new one is always an option, but the paint isn't even scratched!

Ah thats lame. I'm sure you can find someone that will be able to knock it out.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

With a crease like that, you're looking at taking it to a pro. If you don't keep your sneakers in your toolbox your foot is not a tool

Of course you could always consider this an opportunity to brush up on your hammer and dolly skills, but I'd just take it to a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bin_jammin
    With a crease like that, you're looking at taking it to a pro. If you don't keep your sneakers in your toolbox your foot is not a tool

Of course you could always consider this an opportunity to brush up on your hammer and dolly skills, but I'd just take it to a pro.
    I guess the only way I could make it worse is if I poped that black rubber bump protector off and couldn't get it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by infurno
    I guess the only way I could make it worse is if I poped that black rubber bump protector off and couldn't get it back on.
    That sucks!!...just bring it to the pros they have that paintless dent repair thing...dunno if itll work for you

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Painless dent repair will not be able to fix this REAL dent... Get another door and put it in... hopefully same color.

Oooh... what McIntosh amp do you have?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast