GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Dont you hate these scamps for internal bidding

Default OT Dont you hate these scamps for internal bidding

I called this guy about this brake booster which started at $ 10 He then edited his price to $ 33.00 then kept bumping it up by himself, just look at the bidding history. The same bidder bid twice in seconds.

Is this not fraud technically. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4756&rd=1&rd=1
    BMW, THE ULTIMATE FLYING MACHINE

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
    THANK THE GERMANS, BMW HAS ALL 3

Default Ebay bidding

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Ready
    I called this guy about this brake booster which started at $ 10 He then edited his price to $ 33.00 then kept bumping it up by himself, just look at the bidding history. The same bidder bid twice in seconds.

Is this not fraud technically
    You lost me as the seller and bidders seem to have different names Ebay has just changed in the UK - you dont even get the bidder's ID any more - it just says bidder no.1 or bidder no.2 etc. At least you can see who you are up against!
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

I know it's a different name from the seller, but he would be smart enough to have a few accounts under different names. If you look at the bidding history, you will see two bids by the same person within a few seconds of each other outbidding himself.
    Why would one bidder, bid three times raising the bids from $ 33 to $ 93 with no competition in between. Why would you over bid yourself?

What the UK did there made it ever easier for "internal" bidding.
    Last edited by Turbo Ready; 07-11-2007 at 01:03 PM.

2 bids by the same person in a row just means someone else made a bid that was lower than the initial bidder's highest bid.

you can remove the identity of any bidder from an auction on ebay, it's called a private auction, and it's not all that uncommon.

Default Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by repenttokyo
    2 bids by the same person in a row just means someone else made a bid that was lower than the initial bidder's highest bid.

you can remove the identity of any bidder from an auction on ebay, it's called a private auction, and it's not all that uncommon.
    Ebay in UK does is as a matter of course so you havent a clue if its a bona fide bid or somebody trying to up the stakes. Now thats its explained in simple words I understand where Turbo was coming from. Looks suss to me too. If you can, walk and leave the fkrs with it
    Oct '00 E46 330i. Feb '92 525i (departed)

The opening bid was $ 10, the minute I emailed him about shipping it was changed to $ 33 then the same bidder pumped it up twice after to $ 93 with no one else competing with him, that in my opinion is internal bidding raising the stakes.

I know it's a different name from the seller, but he would be smart enough to have a few accounts under different names. If you look at the bidding history, you will see two bids by the same person within a few seconds of each other outbidding himself.
    Why would one bidder, bid three times raising the bids from $ 33 to $ 93 with no competition in between. Why would you over bid yourself?

What the UK did there made it ever easier for "internal" bidding.
    yeah, that guy could have a "max bid" of like $100 and if I bid 70, he automatically wins with $71 so it shows that its his bid. But I do look out for that, I hate it when people pull scams to increase their auctions...

Quote Originally Posted by whiskychaser
    Ebay in UK does is as a matter of course so you havent a clue if its a bona fide bid or somebody trying to up the stakes. Now thats its explained in simple words I understand where Turbo was coming from. Looks suss to me too. If you can, walk and leave the fkrs with it

Hell no, I am not gonna give that scamp my money. If he said to me pay me $ 100 for it I would, but by bidding for it this way it's encouraging him to get away with such a practice. These scums have no principle.

For the first time in 7 years being an ebay member, I placed an e34 item up for bidding. I could have raised the stakes, showing activity on the item at the same time, but I believe in honesty and principle.

The opening bid was $ 10, the minute I emailed him about shipping it was changed to $ 33 then the same bidder pumped it up twice after to $ 93 with no one else competing with him, that in my opinion is internal bidding raising the stakes.

Use ebay's complaint process, which works fairly well, and move on to another seller.

Use ebay's complaint process, which works fairly well, and move on to another seller.
    Was thinking of reporting him, I hate doing stuff like that though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast