GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you guys give me input on new site?

Default Can you guys give me input on new site?

http://www.blowneuroz.com/

The camera deal is because I am pushing a new direction for the site. A sort of "we cover events" type ****.

Like, I am going to be photo manipulating a sticky note onto the camera back that says "blowneuroz - your eyes at all of the hottest euro events" handwritten in pen.

What do you guys think otherwise?

Default Photog's wet dream

Stick to cars, cause that's the common thread

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Jon

I don't like it. It's not intuitive, not very clear or obvious as to what you are looking at or expected to do.

The menu buttons are almost hidden and opening with just the camera shot (i.e. no image in the view finder as a clue) just made me think why is there a picture of a camera on this site. Then I saw the "under construction" sign and left on the first visit.

The previous site was much, much better for me although I hate framed (or iframed) sites it was more "obvious" to the casual observer.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

I am trying to push for something atypical run of the mill top middle bottom frame. This is JUST started, as of this afternoon. I am intended to add some photo manipulation implying the direction for the site, but I am looking for general quality not so much concept right now, as I know its a little foreign if you take it at face value.

its clever, but too complacated for the old man using his computer...trust me my dads 66 and its hard enough lol

liek i sid tho clever but too small in relation to the entirre camers size adn just a little too complex

i hope i dident make a type oim typin blind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I am trying to push for something atypical run of the mill top middle bottom frame. This is JUST started, as of this afternoon. I am intended to add some photo manipulation implying the direction for the site, but I am looking for general quality not so much concept right now, as I know its a little foreign if you take it at face value.
    Well, that's OK then. Jon you take a real nice picture of a camera. Well done.

But as a web site it stinks. Don't patronise me I write sites for a living and ones that are "foreign" and "concept" don't tend to last long or generate income.
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Well, that's OK then. Jon you take a real nice picture of a camera. Well done.

But as a web site it stinks. Don't patronise me I write sites for a living and ones that are "foreign" and "concept" don't tend to last long or generate income.
    I redo our website about every 4 - 6 months on average. Right now, we're looking for something other than the typical "oh, thats a car club website."

You'll see

Added post it note - ignore my poor writing, I am going to have my sister or girlfriend re write it later.
    Last edited by Jon K; 07-09-2007 at 01:54 AM.

The concept is nice. I wish you had more member pics/videos though.

I constantly check out your page/forum for updates and such, so anything is cool.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    The concept is nice. I wish you had more member pics/videos though.

I constantly check out your page/forum for updates and such, so anything is cool.
    No worries I plan on building another PHP gallery similar to my personal gallery that will allow members to upload images of what they're working on. I haven't updated my page for a long time.

Jon, how about this then?

I like the image overlay on the LCD screen when you hover the menu buttons, so to make it more obvious why not display the images (forum, members etc..) in the viewfinder screen on a loop with a 3 second delay? Then make the image a link so clicking the image takes you to the page. You could then make the button on the left change colour at the same time, showing the link between the navigation button and the image.

I personally don't like the navigation as you have it (google "mystery meat navigation" for more) but the image is growing on me.......
    1997 e39 523SEi touring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast