GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dynoed the diesel beast today

Default dynoed the diesel beast today

my guess was closer then i would of thought, i figured it was putting down around 300 hp and 600 foot pounds of torque, 299 and 604 stock rating is 215/440 at the crank this is to the ground, can't wait to get my bmw projects out of the way and get that up a coupe more notches, bout another 100 hp and 200 ft lb would do nicely
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

What is the fuel mileage you get out of that beast?

Are you willing to try an experiment? Put 4 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil per 10 gallons of diesel in your fuel tank and report back the mileage you get with them...

pretty solid between 16.2 and 16.7 but two tanks ago i some how got a 17.2, i could give it a shot, but i don't remember seeing reports on the turbo diesel register of it upping mileage, i don't think i've ever seen anything that gave enough of a improvement to even come close to paying for itself, and my p7100 pump is not fragile enough to depend on supplemental lubrication to keep it going like the earlier VE rotary (leaking seals from changes in lube) or the later electronic failure prone vp44, i don't think the current pump the cp3 on the common rail motors have any fueling problems

ill try to remember to score atleast 12 oz of mmo before my next fill up, it'll take a while for the results as i have another 150 or so miles on this tank and then around 450-500 miles for that tank to be gone, normally about 2-2.5 weeks driving for me but ill be running the e30 too so this could take a while, may be into august unless i run the truck more then usual which is a possibility because the ac rocks in it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

got a plot?

I am doing an experiment on my Mercedes diesel with MMO as I indicated... it is not about lubricity but fuel mileage. Since you already know what kind of mileage you get... simply fill it up and see what you get with MMO.

I want you to experiment before I start sharing what I am getting with mine... I am same like you... gotta finish the tank to see what I actually got.

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by digger
    got a plot?

of the dyno results

604, is that all I have to beat?

don't even start that i could spend about $1500-2000 and push it to a level that you couldn't reach with anything short of nitromethane, and it'll probably do it another 300k miles while netting me maybe another mpg or two, ain't diesels fun

as for the graph it's a long boring flat line that averages 265/561, i think if he legged it out in od it would of made more because it was only hitting about 25 psi before it shut down at 3k where i can peg the 30# gauge at 2600 rpm, a couple hundred before the governor starts defueling, the last guy that pulled legged his 04 common rail out in 6th and got 460 hp and 855 ftlb, that's gotta be fun, **** i've broken em loose on the interstate in the rain in direct drive 4th gear

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    604, is that all I have to beat?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    don't even start that i could spend about $1500-2000 and push it to a level that you couldn't reach with anything short of nitromethane, and it'll probably do it another 300k miles while netting me maybe another mpg or two, ain't diesels fun

as for the graph it's a long boring flat line that averages 265/561, i think if he legged it out in od it would of made more because it was only hitting about 25 psi before it shut down at 3k where i can peg the 30# gauge at 2600 rpm, a couple hundred before the governor starts defueling, the last guy that pulled legged his 04 common rail out in 6th and got 460 hp and 855 ftlb, that's gotta be fun, **** i've broken em loose on the interstate in the rain in direct drive 4th gear
    Haha only messing with ya buddy

the torque on the diesels is surprising my buddy has an F250 (strong trans weak motor) with some miscellaneous stuff done and its quite fast for what it is.

What turbo do you have on that thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast