GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing Swirl Marks

Default Removing Swirl Marks

I am looking for something that would work on removing swirl marks. I wash, clay bar, 3m fine cut, and Meguiar's cleaner wax. I was not able to use my buffer because of a bad pad. Any suggestions?
    Name:  540ia Swirl Marks.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  31.8 KB

Liquid Glass works great for shine but leaves little bit of swirl marks. I tried several others including Meguiar's High Tech stuff but found Zymol to work well. I've been using Zymol wax and it pretty much eliminates the swirl marks!

Quote Originally Posted by gjmane36
    I am looking for something that would work on removing swirl marks. I wash, clay bar, 3m fine cut, and Meguiar's cleaner wax. I was not able to use my buffer because of a bad pad. Any suggestions?
    Name:  540ia Swirl Marks.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  31.8 KB
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

Thanks. I try the Zymol.

I gave it a shot over the weekend. The result was fabulous! I could tell from the first application the difference in the finish. It was easy to put on, and easy to take off. I could see exactly where I had applied the wax. Oh what a difference. I am sold on it! THANK YOU!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE INFORMATION!

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!

I gave it a shot over the weekend. The result was fabulous! I could tell from the first application the difference in the finish. It was easy to put on, and easy to take off. I could see exactly where I had applied the wax. Oh what a difference. I am sold on it! THANK YOU!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE INFORMATION!
    RICK
    BMW 1995 525i (Alpine White)

believe it or not, as a professional detailer I have gone through tons of waxes - one of the best bi-weekly maintinence/protection "utility" waxes is the Dupont teflon wax. yet, it's streaky and greasy looking on dark cars, so it wouldn't work for you. it's liquid carnaube, but god damn it's thick even after wiping it off - it must have fillers, teflon AND carnauba because it fills in clearcoat fade on my silver car completely.

It doesn't give the best shine in the world, but it lasts a while and fills in imperfections, absolutely wonderful for the daily driver, and easy to apply.

Just make sure to put it on by hand so you get a thicker coat, otherwise it's too thin with a machine and won't fill in as much.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L
    Liquid Glass works great for shine but leaves little bit of swirl marks. I tried several others including Meguiar's High Tech stuff but found Zymol to work well. I've been using Zymol wax and it pretty much eliminates the swirl marks!
    Ditto on the Zymol. Had the same problem you had with swirl marks. After a wash, claybar and Zymol to top it off... the swirls are gone and the result is like night and day.

Excess within control...
    1995 BMW 525i

Try Duragloss products. They have an excellent line. I use the bonding agent and TPP 105 synthetic polish and have very minimal swirl marks. Howeve, I am very careful when washing and I clay the car ocassionally. I need to clay the lower panels soon.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

I do have the Dupont was you mentioned. I wanted to use it after I was able to remove the swirls. Thanks for the information on using it on dark finishes. I will use the Zymol a few more time before the end of summer. The Dupont will be used for the fall and winter months. Hopefully it will last.

I do have the Dupont was you mentioned. I wanted to use it after I was able to remove the swirls. Thanks for the information on using it on dark finishes. I will use the Zymol a few more time before the end of summer. The Dupont will be used for the fall and winter months. Hopefully it will last.
    Hey, no problem!
    Yeah, it's a wonderful utility wax not only due to it's longevity, but it's ability to hide imperfections. Another one that's really good at that is P21s concours carnauba - it hides just as well if not better (It's more of a show-type wax) but doesn't quite last as long, and dust seems to be attracted to it.

I recommend the dupont.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast