GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jump start 530i

Default jump start 530i

het guys i got a question ...i have a repo 1994 530i but i dont have the key and i dont want to title it until i know it can run....bmw wont give me a key until i show them a registration ...is there any way to hot wire the ignition to get it started ..it turns over ( i jumped the starter ) but is there any way to power it up without the key just to start it but not drive it???

nick

you wouldn't be trying to jack someones ride would you?

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

You would have to get to the igntion wires by the steering wheel... rig it so the power is on... meaning all dash lights ona and then crank the engine over.

there is a rotating switch that has a shaft coming from the ignition cylinder. you have to remove the bottom cover form the steering colum and you can see on the left had side.if i remeber correclty there are two very small screws that hold it in(mine were covered with a red substance so you can tell if someone has messed with it). the steering wheel will be locked.

i never tried to start the car like that but had to rekey it because i got jumped by some people that took my keys.
    Last edited by Dr. evil; 07-05-2007 at 03:37 PM.

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. evil
    there is a rotating switch that has a shaft coming from the ignition cylinder. you have to remove the bottom cover form the steering colum and you can see on the left had side.if i remeber correclty there are two very small screws that hold it in(mine were covered with a red substance so you can tell if someone has messed with it). the steering wheel will be locked by the ignition cylinder so you won't be able to drive it until you remove the ignition cylinder.

i never tried to start the car like that but had to rekey it because i got jumped by some people that took my keys.
    i am not trying to steal it i just want to know if the car runs for me to title it or not title and part out...do you know what wires to jump?..

tow it to a garage and have them start it for you. I don't think anyone here is interested in detailing how to start our cars without the key, for all the world to see.

Yep... agreed.

i haven't hot wired it, but if you can remove the rotating switch and trun it with a screw driver i should be just like useing a key. i've done this on some toyota trucks but not on any bimmers

couldn't tell you with wires to jump, i figure it's too risky to guess

that wont work, evil
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

sorry.....just trying to help out, even if it does work theres not way to turn a locked steering wheel

not trying to hurt anyones feeling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast