GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Shocks??????????????????????????????

Default Shocks??????????????????????????????

Just swapped worn out billy`s for Eibach springs and boge shocks.Shocks seem to be unable to control springs keep bottoming out,any body suggest alternatives or is it back to bilstein? Anybody got persoal experience of best combo with Eibach springs lowered 30mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Paull-Edwards
    Just swapped worn out billy`s for Eibach springs and boge shocks.Shocks seem to be unable to control springs keep bottoming out,any body suggest alternatives or is it back to bilstein? Anybody got persoal experience of best combo with Eibach springs lowered 30mm?
    nope but from my experience Ive manage to have blown my boge and sachs oem in my e36 for less than 3months but when i installed bilstien 2years till ok had H&R springs

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Yikes... is this on your diesel?

Problem with Boge shocks are that it is not designed for lowering spring... so your shocks rods are too LONG... which is the bottoming you hear and feel. I would change out the sway bar links before you take anything apart... do all 4 corners.

Yes, on the TDS, sway bar links new as are the bump stops, just feels like shocks cannot stop springs on rebound and let car/springs bottom out too easily.Whats wrong with wanting TDS to handle ferret??!! Its now practically an M5 with TDS engine so it should handle, just got the shocks wrong I think.

Yes, on the TDS, sway bar links new as are the bump stops, just feels like shocks cannot stop springs on rebound and let car/springs bottom out too easily.Whats wrong with wanting TDS to handle ferret??!! Its now practically an M5 with TDS engine so it should handle, just got the shocks wrong I think.
    I aint saying there's anything wrong with a well handling TDS - in fact I think well handling diesels much better to drive than anything else. I was merely asking which vehicle it was on XD

Blasphemy!
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Wait a minute, this is blowing my plans to swap bogies in soon out of the water.. What shocks came stock with the lowered 540 weren't they exactly what i'd end up with if i bought a set of Sachs struts and shocks from BAV Auto? Why would they not function without bottoming out? I can't tell because since i've had the car its probably needed them so i have no concept of what it was like new. Will i find myself fooked and be bottoming out right and left if i do what i planned and should i just get the Billie Sports and go from there? Seems every day some new angle opens up.. wow.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95