GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Drivers seat trouble

Default Drivers seat trouble

I left the window cracked open today and then it decided to start pouring cats and dogs outside.

Came out to find part of the seat closest to the window, seat back, door arm rest wet. Not soaking wet. Estimate the window was open maybe 20 min while raining.

Anyway, first the seat decided it needed to be all the way forward. Tried adjusting it, none of the power adjustments will work. The passenger mirror stopped doing its flip thing too when putting trans in reverse.

Checked Fuse 42? under the rear seat. Its a 30A fuse. Fuse is good. Reinserted fuse and the seat moved forward a little more.

Removed and replaced fuse again, now the seat moved all the way to the back.

Obviously, its getting power. Any suggestions to getting the adjusters to work? Remove and blow dry the switches? Is there a seat control module or something which should be dried out?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Its a bit of a stretch to fully depress the clutch now...

so the seat is moving by itself???

i would figure that some water got into the switch in the side of the seat and is shorting making the seat move.

or your car is haunted.....

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

take the switch apart and spray in WD-40 (Water Dispersant formula 40)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Yup. All by itself. Pull the fuse and reinsert and back comes the seat. Strange thing is none of the switches will work manually.

I figure it was parked under a statue of St Josephs, so it couldnt have gotten haunted too badly.

WD40 in the AM and we'll see what happens. I'm assuming i need to take apart all the control switches for the seat and the mirror adjusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. evil
    so the seat is moving by itself???

i would figure that some water got into the switch in the side of the seat and is shorting making the seat move.

or your car is haunted.....

Default All well

Left it overnight and things must have dried out enough that all functions work again.