GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Shots from the Local Reservoir

Default Few Shots from the Local Reservoir

Just a few shots after a well deserved detail. I've been in and out of the hospital with a disease called HSP for the last month and I was extremely excited to get out, clean her, and snap some pictures. Enjoy.

Not the greatest background : )

InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

I also got my new door panels (finally) and in the process, couldn't help but to rip off Jon K with some Alcantara I snagged from my buddy.

It completely changes the feel of the cabin and I love it!

What do you guys think? Love or hate?
    Last edited by Macv; 07-02-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    What do you guys think? Love or hate?
    Definitely LOVE!!

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Another shot I like.

OK this is my opinion, and I am obviously entitled to it, just like how you are entitled to yours. I am going to be brutally honest here, but having said all this, it is your car and you can have and modify it in any which way you like.

The exterior of the car in my very humble opinion is a tad overdone. I haven't really been a fan of smoked lights, but even having said that, I see "inconsistencies". Rear clusters are smoked, but front you have clears (with the orange bulbs still showing through) and "french" yellow high beams, coupled with non-color-coded bars all round and unpainted eyebrows. It just looks too busy -- in my opinion if you want to go smoked lights at the back, smoked blinkers up front and colour-coded eyebrows and bar would be a good move. You have 5 colours at the front: grey, black, white, orange and yellow, making the whole front look very busy. The back looks a lot cleaner, and your rims are kick-ass. Shots of the bonnet up giving cheeky sneak peaks of what's under the bonnet are awesome.

The interior though... I absolutely love! So you've put the alcatera over the woodgrain? Were there any fitting issues? How much thicker does the alcatera make the woodgrain? I really like the shifter surround, the interior looks mint (except for your driver's seat, looks a little cracked?)

But yes, that is my opinion and if I had the same car in a stock config and the same money that you have spent on mods I would have done something different. You asked for opinions and I have given mine -- if mine is vastly different to yours, then you are under no obligation to follow it. It's your car and it describes you -- it is very clear either way that you love your E34 and well done overall.

hmmm

well, i must agree with Lunatic that the exterior is not very well done.

in my opinion, you should remove the eyebrows, paint the lower part of front bumper (along with ducts) in the car color, and snap a pair of clear tails instead of these ugly black ones. i think the car would look awesome then.

interior, well, not much to say. it's FAB.s

I say just paint the lowers, and add the M5 rear license panel, and you're good.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

thanks for the input. truthfully, I've never really found a look I like for the front. I've done all smoked lights, blacked out kidneys, the stock look, but I'm never really sure.

The lowers are going to be painted very soon as well as the eyebrows. Most likely I'll wind up ditching the yellow. However, the plate stays.

Yes the driver seat is a tad cracked... looking to fix that someday.

Alcantara is wrapped over the wood grain. I had absolutely no fitting issues as it's not very thick. It feels like a factory install and is gorgeous to look at.

Thanks for the comments, lets keep them coming... and brutal... i wanna hear what you think!

Awesome.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast