GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E36 suspension, front strut choices

Default E36 suspension, front strut choices

97 328i
    What is everyone running for front struts? This is for my wife's car, so we're going to be sticking with stock springs...

Bilstein HD
    Bilstein touring
    Sachs (OEM)
    KYB
    Monroe (HA!)
    Tokico

I'm going to replace the strut mounts also while I'm in there, control arms and control arm bushings seem OK right now so I'm going to wait on those.

I'd like to hear good and bad for these strut choices.

Thanks in advance
    Jim

I would go with either sachs, bilstein, or koni. I know you said you're keeping stock springs but im running koni coilovers and so are almost everybody that is into the track from either ground control or tckline. I also know alot of people running bilsteins too, but be careful when you buy them because you can replace the insert but requires some cutting and grinding and in my personal opinion isnt worth the extra money for the ease of replacement of the entire strut. If your looking for an OEM replacement than go with Sachs or Bilstein HDs, if you want something sportier there is a whole world out there and you will need to look around.

sachs suck! boge kinda suck, id go kyb or bilstein, and you gotta pick which bilstein, daily transport blah mobile get tourings, go flog it on the weekends and or carve corners hd's adding some lowering springs too get sports, kyb's are kinda between stock and bilstein hd's and tourings are around stock to kyb, sport are slightly shorter hd's for drop coils
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    sachs suck! boge kinda suck, id go kyb or bilstein, and you gotta pick which bilstein, daily transport blah mobile get tourings, go flog it on the weekends and or carve corners hd's adding some lowering springs too get sports, kyb's are kinda between stock and bilstein hd's and tourings are around stock to kyb, sport are slightly shorter hd's for drop coils
    true!sachs sucks!BIGTIME!!! I killed my bnew OEM sachs for less than 2months!

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl