GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 540 rear shock access

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 540 rear shock access

The shop where i'm putting these in is staffed by likely illegal mexicans and while head wrench Geno owns an e34 535 i'm not sure the access to the rear shocks will be the same on my 540 and therefore something he's going to have done before. I wanted to ask if there is a DIY w/pictures on taking the rear seat back out of the 540 and if you need to remove the deck as well involving speakers etc being concerned we don't mangle the interiour going for the rear shocks.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

you can loosen things up back there enough to get to the shock mount nuts... it's a VERY simple job in the rear
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Default e34S are all pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    The shop where i'm putting these in is staffed by likely illegal mexicans and while head wrench Geno owns an e34 535 i'm not sure the access to the rear shocks will be the same on my 540 and therefore something he's going to have done before. I wanted to ask if there is a DIY w/pictures on taking the rear seat back out of the 540 and if you need to remove the deck as well involving speakers etc being concerned we don't mangle the interiour going for the rear shocks.
    The same

Remove the rear seat and seat back, pull a couple of clips off the rear tray and lift up gently to access the shock mounts.

If Geno and his beaners can't figure it out cause it's not a low rider, then find a real shop with manuals. Suspension is not something I would trust to hacks.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........