GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bavarian Auto Recyclers & Used BMW parts

Default Bavarian Auto Recyclers & Used BMW parts

Hi guys. My son, Sean, and I are making progress with our 1992 525i. He is getting the headliner recovered, we have replaced the exhaust and hangers, and put on new rear brakes. The inside door panels are in various stages of de-lamination. After pricing new ones ($1400 !!) I decided to Google and check out used sources. I spoke to Bavarian Auto Recyclers and they have used ones in great condition. Their guarantee is no de-lamination, rips or tears. I gave them my specifications for the 1992 525i, all 4 doors in Parchment and they quoted me $125 for the front panels and $115 for the rear. The total came to $543.63 shipped to my house. We are ready to act on this offer unless someone tells me that these guys are bogus. Has anyone had any experience with Bavarian? I believe they are located in California.

Al Gray

I've used them once for a steering column U-joint and was satisfied.
    $550 can buy you an entire parts car if you are patient.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

$300. to ship sounds kind of excessive.
    It looks like they are making $450 on them, and the rest goes to ship them, unless less you live on the other side of the globe from Sacramento (Rancho Cordova) CA.. Then the $300 shipping sounds about right !
    Or are they charging you $125 and $115 for each Ft. & Rr. panels ?
    I have been to the wrecking yard next door to them, and they do have a large stock of Bimmers there.
    To bad you don't know any locals who could pick them up and ship them for you. If it's a $300 shipping charge.......
    1991 525i M50 5 Sp.
    N.California

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'91'525i
    $300. to ship sounds kind of excessive.
    It looks like they are making $450 on them, and the rest goes to ship them, unless less you live on the other side of the globe from Sacramento (Rancho Cordova) CA.. Then the $300 shipping sounds about right !
    Or are they charging you $125 and $115 for each Ft. & Rr. panels ?
    I have been to the wrecking yard next door to them, and they do have a large stock of Bimmers there.
    To bad you don't know any locals who could pick them up and ship them for you. If it's a $300 shipping charge.......

Chris, we are getting 4 panels 2 front at $125 each and 2 rear at $115 each for a total of $480. The shipping cost $63 totaling parts and shipping of $543. I have not investigated wrecking yards in our area nor do I have the time. This sounds like an okay deal to me and apparently the firm is reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    I've used them once for a steering column U-joint and was satisfied.
    $550 can buy you an entire parts car if you are patient.

Ross, my son and I are not that patient. Thanks for your input.

My first impression of Bavarian Auto Recyclers wasnt a good one. My roommate was looking for sport seats for his e46 and called them up quoted him 2100 shipped. We asked for pictures to see what we were getting but they refused to send any, which is kinda shady to me..

Check out

http://car-part.com/

searching for interior. I am sure you will do much, much better. Two years ago I bought the entire drive train for my 525 for $700. The junkyard threw in four walnut trim door panels (plus the knee bolster and the glove compartment) for $150 more. Shipping was included with the drive train on a pellet.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Default USED THEM Twice.....

Hi,,I used them 2x previously for items 100.00 or less,they are pricey but are legit, IMO. They are a huge facility in CA. supposedly the largest BMW used dealer in the US., and the guys that work the phones,are on commision,so they hustle... good luck

I've been at their yard many times while in Sacramento working. Lots of good cars and parts they seem to have an inside track on sourcing them.
    You'll be fine...and thats a fair price from a business for perfect panels,IMHO.
    Vinny
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk