GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye E34 Touring ... hello E38

Default Goodbye E34 Touring ... hello E38

Well folks, it looks like I am going to be getting rid of 1/2 the E34's that I own. I have two E34 tourings and I am going to sell the wife's 1993 525iT. The inline-6 is still absolutely bulletproof but I am also selling two other (non-BMW) cars and will be buying an E38 .... a 2001 740iL for the ole lady. That M62 can really hum! I will be keeping my E34, a 1994 530iT ... but the little 3.0 liter V8 is an embarrassment compared to the M62 (fuel consumption, power, etc). You know the E34 Touring is a good car when an employee at my mechanic's garage wants to buy it!

As long as the tranny checks out fine on the E38 I will do the deal .... but will still be actively reading the posts in this forum. You guys are a wealth of knowledge. I don't know crap about M62's and E38's!

You better post up pics of the E38 once you get it!

oooo vanos 740s ****ing fly for a 4300# brick, the m62tu has some major balls and will definetly lay down some tire smoke if you turn off the traction and floor it pulling out of a driveway, if it has the weird ass massaging seat option you can have fun with the passenger by turning it on after you have been riding a while, it comes on slow and all of the sudden one ass cheek gets jacked up like a 1/2" then the other
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    oooo vanos 740s ****ing fly for a 4300# brick, the m62tu has some major balls and will definetly lay down some tire smoke if you turn off the traction and floor it pulling out of a driveway, if it has the weird ass massaging seat option you can have fun with the passenger by turning it on after you have been riding a while, it comes on slow and all of the sudden one ass cheek gets jacked up like a 1/2" then the other

hahaha LOL love the way how you described the massaging seat specially the part "if it has the WEIRD ASS massaging"

HID 5000k low 3000k fogs
    dynaudio seps. mc intosh amp
    ACS w/yokohama advan sport tires
    Race logic TractionControl

Default No Pics yet - soon my friend, soon.

I have some pics but the file is too large.
    Besides, the car is a bit dirty right now. After I shine her up I will post some pics. The Sport Package is pretty sweet .... but the cost to replace the 18 inch Z rated tires, particularly since they cannot be rotated (different sizes front and back) kind of sucks.
    I have already told the current owner if there is < $1000 worth of "required" repairs we are good to go. My novice eye spotted about $500 worth so far (loose grill, broken driving light, cup holder will not close)

the m62tu has some major balls and will definetly lay down some tire smoke if you turn off the traction and floor it pulling out of a driveway
    +1 they're beasts
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Default And I thought the power of the engine was exciting ...

Not sure if it has that option or not. If my wife never wants to drive it I will assume it has the upgrade

i think those came like that from the factory, grills are a royal pain in the ass for two simple pieces of plastic, front cup holders suck bad, expensive and a bitch to install glue em closed and be done with it (we figured at out cost including the piece of wood for the front they were about $450 for the front and rear holders, up that about 20% to factor out our dealer discount), get some of those stick on fog light covers before you replace or get use to replacing them

Quote Originally Posted by Wack
    My novice eye spotted about $500 worth so far (loose grill, broken driving light, cup holder will not close)
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

no one is forcing you to buy z rated - you could step down in speed rating and save some cash.

Good point. I have H-rated Turanza's both both my E34's and like them a lot. Something to consider.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast