GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Anybody parting out a V8? Need the coil packs...

TC535i Guest

Default Anybody parting out a V8? Need the coil packs...

Want to change out the coil packs on my car for some "younger" ones... if anyone's got a lower mileage set lying around, let me know!

6-cyl packs also work, altho I'd prefer all 8...

the newer packs from the plastic valve cover cars don't work, the m62 v8s went to these too, the studs are closer together and it won't mount, if yours are working why change to different used packs, better the you know then the one you don't, i think the boots are cheep and you probably need at least the one on the hole that spit it's plug as that one usually doesn't survive
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

TC535i Guest

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    the newer packs from the plastic valve cover cars don't work, the m62 v8s went to these too, the studs are closer together and it won't mount, if yours are working why change to different used packs, better the you know then the one you don't, i think the boots are cheep and you probably need at least the one on the hole that spit it's plug as that one usually doesn't survive
    Yeah, the boot's destroyed, and I saw on realoem that you can replace it seperately for like $15 or whatnot...

From what I hear, the OBD-I coil packs are the same, OBD-II don't fit. Figured if I was gonna go thru and swap all the plugs, may as well throw some fresher coils in there, since they're known to die eventually, and my motor has 150k on it... thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

No?

some guy won all 8 of mine on ebay for 15.00

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    Yeah, the boot's destroyed, and I saw on realoem that you can replace it seperately for like $15 or whatnot...

From what I hear, the OBD-I coil packs are the same, OBD-II don't fit. Figured if I was gonna go thru and swap all the plugs, may as well throw some fresher coils in there, since they're known to die eventually, and my motor has 150k on it... thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

No?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Tim - my sisters E34 M60 coil packs (530i) are same P/N as my M50 coil packs I have swapped them in the past. OBD2 will fit if you turn them 45 degrees. They are said to make more spark output so the dwell may need to be slightly longer I am not sure how it would work with an OEM ecu, but an M50 coil is the same as an M60

Alternatively, the bavauto coils are supposed to be better than stock and are cheaper for a set than OE ones...

Sorry rethinking that I got it wrong - obd1 coils can fit on an obd2 cover turned 45 degrees... sorry.
    Last edited by Jon K; 06-18-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Default Coil Packs

I have a full set of 8 from an m60 with 94000 miles on them. Shoot me an email if you still need them at Jkbenn02@yahoo.com

I think I saw a wrecked 530 on the bay...guy says it has to be out of his garage by tuesday. I'm betting that by wednesday that rig is near free.

had a bunch of flat screen crap in it too. wouldn'tcha guess that a collision would happen in a car with tv's in it?

there are a lot of e34's up in there these days

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38