GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First pics of M-Parallels

Default First pics of M-Parallels

Ok, so it's a terrible picture.. I've been itching to get these on the car and I could finally do it last night. I just dropped more than I paid for the car to buy it on a bunch of upgrades/parts, etc. $950 in labor costs later - and it's like a new car.

Yes, I know I could have done a lot of this myself, that was the original plan - but I just didn't have the time - and the money went to a friend who has opened up a new shop - so I don't mind supporting a friend..

In any case I just had the Thrust Arms replaced, Control Arms, Idler arm, Upper strut bearings, rear shock mounts, tranny mounts, guibo, and center bearing replaced. I also had installed the Sachs Sport Kit (Thanks Patrick @ BMA!) and I installed the Racing King Delrin subframe inserts myself (Thanks Bruno!). Just got the car back on Wednesday night, so last night I zaino-d the new 18" staggered M-Parallels and threw them on the car in anticipation of the alignment tomorrow morning. WOW.. what a difference. It's like it was new again - feels like a different car. Besides getting rid of the shimmy at 50-60mph (still there, but not as bad - chalking it up to alignment issue at this point) the shifting is also much smoother - I'm guessing the combination of the new guibo, center bearing, and tranny mounts account for that.

Only issues thus far are that I seem to be getting a bit of rubbing on the front passenger side wheel when I hit a particularly bumpy stretch of road at high speeds. We'll see how that goes once it's aligned and see where the cards fall.

Without further ado - the first pictures of the M-Parallels:

Larger picture available if you click on it.

Sorry - I know that camera phone plus low light = crap pictures. But I'll be taking more in proper day light with my good camera shortly. Next weekend I'm planning on clay bar-ing the paint, and doing a full buff and polish treatment on it (using the full Zaino catalog). More pics to come after that. It'll look like a new car then too.

** edit ** - Got one more new picture.. this one hits the opposite end of the spectrum.. too bright.. I can't win..

Larger picture available if you click on it.
    Last edited by rreimund; 06-15-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

Looks good.

Are they OEM? If not, you may want to get hub rings (probably contributing to the shimmy)

You finally got them on. Looks fantastic.

Uber - Thanks.. I can't wait to a.) take some proper pictures and b.) Drive the car after the alignment.

E34N - The aren't OEM - but they are replicas made specifically for the E34 - so the bore is the correct size and the wheels are hub-centric. No hub-rings needed - besides, the slight shimmy was actually more noticable with the stock 15s on when I left the shop than it was last night with the 18s on. I barely drove it in any case, as I don't want to drive it too much until it's aligned. But 80mph on some back country roads and it was super smooth. Roads that in my 2000 Golf with H&R and Bilsteins and 17" TT wheels with BFGoodrich RE730s never felt so good - in fact on a particular stretch I could only top out at around 60mph through the twisties (with lots of drama) - with the E34 the same stretch goes by at 65+ and ne'er a squeal to be heard.
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

M Pars are the best wheel for E34's IMO!

Last edited by ltflint; 06-16-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ltflint
    M Pars are the best wheel for E34's IMO!
    I still think that Hamann HM2s are the best wheel to suit an E34!!

Your touring is a sight to behold... I have a Touring fetish, and the Alpinweiss makes me love it even more!!

As for yours Rreimund, looks nice and shiny... The red can be really hit-and-miss, but you've nailed it with this one. She looks great!!
    But tint those windows son!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    I still think that Hamann HM2s are the best wheel to suit an E34!!

Your touring is a sight to behold... I have a Touring fetish, and the Alpinweiss makes me love it even more!!

As for yours Rreimund, looks nice and shiny... The red can be really hit-and-miss, but you've nailed it with this one. She looks great!!
    But tint those windows son!!
    I'm a multi-piece wheel guy, and I love my style-5s, but there are a few exceptions - but I really thing every case is relative to be honest.

I like them, but I saw them on an E39 and they looked horrendous!
    Guess they're more suited to the older euro-style cars.
    Lucky us!
    Last edited by CharlesAFerg; 06-17-2007 at 02:15 AM.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

i seriously doubt they dont need the rings, if that was the case they wouldnt bolt on to any other BMW's, on a selling standpoint wouldnt be a good move in the marketing department. When I bought my wheels the same claim was made but they needed the rings which came with the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by rreimund

E34N - The aren't OEM - but they are replicas made specifically for the E34 - so the bore is the correct size and the wheels are hub-centric. No hub-rings needed
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

that shimmy is because you need hubcentric rings
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    that shimmy is because you need hubcentric rings
    the shimmy was actually with the stock basketweaves... It's all but dissappeared with the M-parallels..

Also, the way it was explained to me is that they make two versions of the same rim. One with the larger hub center for e39 etc. And one for e34 with proper sized hub. Got them from thewheelexchange.com and I couldn't be happier with the wheels and the service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast