GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: questions!!!

Default questions!!!

i have a couple questions to ask. I wanna out a new stereo in my car but i dont know which kinds will go in there. will any deck fi in my car. its a 92 525i. Then in my back seat at the top where the seam is running down the side it tore. is there a way to fix this. an my last question is there was a hole in the e brake cover in the leather and i tried using that leather filler stuff but it made it worse is there any good way of fixing holes.

As for your stereo, it's a standard single-height slot. There's a stock amplifier in the left-rear of the trunk. See http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Stereo.htm

Good tips there about wiring if you're just adding a sub & amp in the trunk. Search the forum for other threads regarding creative ways to wire the headunit if you're getting one - pretty much every head unit has powered outputs, so it's "if"y to run powered outs into line inputs on the factory amp. You might need to bypass the factory amp and wire the headunit straight to the speakers.

As far as the upholstry... I don't know much about that.
    Ex-Calypso Red 540i owner

Also there's one extra connection to make if you replace the head unit with a standard radio/CD player from your local car stereo shop. On first attempt, the guys at the shop thought sticking in a JVC unit was a slam dunk--and the radio worked but not the CD. So they went back and read the instructions, connected the extra wire, and the CD player also works fine now.

any one else?

RobPatt Guest

Default on the brake boot...

just find a replacement in your color, it's a pressure snap type fitting into the center console.... else get one in a different color, strip it w/thinner, and look into leatherique.com or a place called 'color plus' to treat and dye it (this route too much $$ and work for just the boot though....-get one in your color) Order from bmaautoparts.com, or get a used one from a board poster, e-bay, etc..... good luck, Rob. Can't say about the back seat seam, perhaps get another seat back in your color also? Take to upholustry(sp) shop?