GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: sooooo...anyone else pissed off about the sopranos finale ending?

Default OT: sooooo...anyone else pissed off about the sopranos finale ending?

i'm a mediocre (now) english major, and i could have written 6 different, more compelling ways to end it than that. seriously, I wrote them out to try to figure out how the show was going to end and win a few bucks. it wouldn't have been the end of the world to have sent tony to jail for tax evasion &c. &c. david chase copped out, he copied all of the elements of the prototypical "gangster" story, all of the things that people watched the show for, and decided to have some righteous indignation over all of those stories ending with a downfall. weak sauce.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

All that hype for a lousy ending!!?? They said Chase likes to leave loose ends, but that was too loose. Probably setting the stage for a Sopranos movie.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Yeah, it sucked. But it was good. For such a well liked show, they can end it anyway they want.

too loose
    Ha
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

i'll certainly be chortling when, inevitably, the astronomical number of HBO cancellations is reflected in cable bills for the next month. awful. I knew/they knew it was coming, but this ending gives me a little pleasure in it happening. thank you jerk, yeah, now we know you aren't afraid to crap on the people that watched your show. all of the artsy-fartsy explanations in the world can't cover up such a poorly executed cop-out.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 06-10-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I quit watching that show when it started going down hill almost 4-5 years ago.

Hell I always thought the premise of the show was a blatant rip off of "Analyze This" .

eh, never seen it but it does/did have a big following, i am more of a sci fi person, two episodes of stargate left, one season of battlestar galactica left, and where the **** is dr who? is someone at sci fi network ****ing smoking crack?! this **** of holding a season for 6-9 months is the death of many of my favorite shows, they don't even show reruns when it's off, they got me into eureka and then god dammit it's gone for 6-8 months but at least they are showing it's returning soon, theres not many fan bases more fanatical then sci fi geeks (no i've never dressed up or gone to any loser conventions) but they sure are abusing that following a **** load
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

analyse this came out at the end of 1999. the first episode of this was in january or spring of 1999. how would this be a rip off of that?

Movie scripts and the general premise are well known a couple of years before the movies are released. That is why you wind up with movies like Armageddon and Deep Impact being released in the same general time frame.
    And the movie was from MARCH 5th 1999, the pilot episode of the show was January 10th 1999.

You tell me it is impossible that the writer was influenced by the movie's premise?

IN any case, I'm glad the stupid show is over. Maybe they can do a good historical miniseries like "from the Earth to the Moon" or "Band of Brothers" again now, because IMHO Sopranos was jsut foul mouthed garbage TV.

Stargate ended last year. I watched it all from Europe's sky tv network. And Dr. Who is in its second season now. If you want to watch all the seasons shows I suggest a little number called usenetserver.com. It's invaluable and runs on internet time- not when tv networks decide to get off their butt and show a season. The ending of stargate was kinda weak too, but you can't have McGuyver acting until he's 70. It's just cruel. Dr. Who's director also says he won't direct passed season 2. He says they need new blood, and I think he might be right. He's a certifiable fruitloop and it rubs the show away from science and more toward the village people.

In any case, a good newsreader like newsleecher and the above server and you'll be able to watch whatever you want on the planet without caveat. But you have to go to Sweden or China to watch it because in the US, when tv signals go through your house you aren't allowed to watch them. In the US it's technically illegal even though they are irradiating you and your family. Have fun.

I,myself, was really disappointed with the ending! I couldn't believe that they would end something like that. What the fudge were they thinking?!! Leave the audiences hanging and give them crap to talk about?? It was a real disappointment!
    HBO sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast